someone please help....

Options
ok so i've been on my journey for a year now and lost nearly 60lbs the past couple of weeks it's not working......the week before last i gained 2lbs! and this week i also gained another 2lbs!! im eating healthy doing what i've done for the past year im so shocked! the only thing is that i'm constipated and saturdays are my weigh ins this week i did have a take out on the tuesday but thought the sodium from that would disappear by sat? can someone help please? can constipation make u weigh more and does sodium take long to get out of the system i dont understand

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes being constipated does adde weight. It does for me anyways! Ive been at a plateau myself and put on some weight. Maybe its time to change ur diet? Like add some more calories or take some away. Im starting to eat back my excersise cals that i previously wasnt doing. If that doesnt break it i may up my daily intake. Maybe its something u should analyze. Have u reset ur goals? For ur current weight?
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The last time I ran into a plateau, I just implemented a couple of small changes. FIrst I rechecked my macronutient levels to be sure it was correct for my present weight. The I changed up my exercise schedule. I started working out in the morning. This was a suffin=cient stimulus to start the weight loss again. It might be food. It might be repetitive, muscle memory causing exercise to be less effective. I do agree the constipation is indeed going to cause weight gain. Maybe after that is resolved you'll find everything is back on track. I'd first make sure you were healthy again and then re-assess. Hope this helps, good luck
  • MELISSAS2121
    Options
    Don't give up! I think you are doing great! :-)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Eat some prunes.