what pushed you to get healthy?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We just had my sons first christmas and I wasn't on any of the pictures, I really wanted to be but felt so disgusting in myself and ugly that I asked my partner not to take any. It was the worse feeling, not being able to have photos with my son on his first christmas because of how bad I felt about myself. I'm looking forward to next christmas because the cameras not going to stop flashing on us ALL.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    It was simply my time
    :happy:
  • wantmylifeback70
    wantmylifeback70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG! I have so many reasons...health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, high colesterol, fibromyalgia, have knee problems and lots of swelling and pain, my feet hurt and swell when I am on them a few hours, I get winded when I do the least of activites...generally in poor health and I am only 41. If I continue on that path I don't think I will be here much longer and if I am then my quality of life will just decline. I just had my first granbaby and he is such a JOY to me and I want to be here to watch him grow up. I'm tired of not feeling good or looking good and my personality has changed the heavier I get. I use to be fun, outgoing, work and play hard and now I feel awful about myself and I'm angry with myself. I hate to even look in the mirror...I really don't even recognize myself anymore if that makes sense. AND I really want some cute clothes and a pair of hooker boots...LOL!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was 39 and feeling just chubby and hating the way I looked. I decided to get my crap together and make my 40's the best ever. I started out at 174 and I am 5ft 5 1/2. I am now at 148 with a goal of 140. I feel so much better, my energy level is through the roof! I workout 5 days a week and actually enjoy it and just 2 weeks ago I started jogging for the first time in my life, I am totally addicted! I love this site and will never leave it!