Calories during weekends

Options
I work at a desk job M-F and the only exercise I get is my workouts or my short walks during lunch. When I calculated my calorie needs and what i want to lose they are based upon working this desk job. I normally consommé much less then the requirement and always a have big deficit..

When the weekend comes I'm out doing yard or house work, washing cars or other things around the house plus maybe get a bike ride in. Well the calories I normally take in during the week just is not enough and I find myself needing about 500 more calories to make it through the day.

Do most people try to record extra activities to try to balance out the extra calories you are taking in? If so, how would you record them. Today I washed two cars and cleaned inside which took about 3 hours. I found one site that list 3 hours of car washing was around 950 calories. So I list that today. Im just wondering what most do on those days where the activity is above normal and how you record and treat it.

Thanks

Replies

• Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor would be the most accurate way of logging activity. If that's not something you can or want to do, maybe just add an exercise called like weekend or whatever, for 500 cal, if that's what you feel you need. But I would recommend the HRM
  • silverbullet07
    silverbullet07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does a HRM track calories burned during normal activity like walking around the home or yard? I've never researched a HRM before and never thought of one that way

Thanks for the information.