MFP Runners Club for May 7th... anyone welcome to join in!

Options
jessmomof3
jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
Did you run, cross train, or rest today? :wink:

Replies

• jessmomof3
    Options
    Did you run, cross train, or rest today? :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    4 miles done for me today. 55* and felt perfect this morning!! I can't believe how great I feel, totally recovered from the half marathon on Sat already!

So... my next goal is the triathlon June 6th, then have a couple 5K's in June, a 5 miler and possibly a 10K as part of a tri relay in July. Planning on a couple fall half marathons also. :bigsmile:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner runner - ran 2 miles today! Felt great even though it was misting out and chilly.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Good morning runners!

Jess and Adele, Love the AV's of your kids. Adorable. :smile:

I stretched and stretched last night....my hip and knee...and I think my knee is good to go. I'm going to start slow and only do 2 miles this evening on the treadmill. But I'm so excited about it! haha!

Have a great day everyone :happy:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning runners!

Jess and Adele, Love the AV's of your kids. Adorable. :smile:

I stretched and stretched last night....my hip and knee...and I think my knee is good to go. I'm going to start slow and only do 2 miles this evening on the treadmill. But I'm so excited about it! haha!

Have a great day everyone :happy:

Thanks!! That was a pic from my bday dinner the other night. :bigsmile:

I hope your knee feels good. Definitely take it easy and make sure you're not feeling pain!

P.S. Just responded to your PM!
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I did nothing but have a stragetical meeting for bootcamp this morning at 5:30. The things I do sometimes. LOL
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this but like to jog with my puppy about 2-3 miles per day...I used to run marathons but blew out my knee on my sons dirt bike so I am limited on the road but love to swim about 1000 yds per day...:smile:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]202554.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Just 2 miles today, but my 4th running day in a row! We reversed our route to avoid the killer hill....idiots!:laugh: As I was heading downhill it suddenly came to me that there were going to be several extremely steep switchbacks which normally build my momentum for the killer hill! Then after dying through the switchbacks, I looked ahead and realized, OMG! what were we thinking!?!?! 80% of the run was uphill!!! So, I learned my lesson, never reversing that route again!!!:noway:

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Becky
  • 12by311
    Options
    Hi Becky.

Reversing your route is not a bad thing. I do it quite often. I run a very hilly route and Kechie and I discussed how it is a good challenge. Great job on overcoming the hilly course!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    half my miles done this am, the other half I will do after dinner with hubs. In otherwords, so far today I have 5 miles in.

Questions???

I am very interested in running in a race for the first time since 5th grade :noway: I would like to know from all you race participants should I work my way up to a 1/2 marathon or with a little over 7 months can I just focus on getting ready for the half. I am thinking it might be a good idea to get a couple of 5k in for road practice and to find out what my race pace is...

thx :blushing:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Just did 8, it was soo hot, its supposed to be 100 today, it probably wasn't the best time for me to go out but I got it done, now I'm off to pilates class :happy: ! Happy running!

~Leash :heart:
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    2 miles and weights for me today! Hope all the injured recover quickly!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    half my miles done this am, the other half I will do after dinner with hubs. In otherwords, so far today I have 5 miles in.

Questions???

I am very interested in running in a race for the first time since 5th grade :noway: I would like to know from all you race participants should I work my way up to a 1/2 marathon or with a little over 7 months can I just focus on getting ready for the half. I am thinking it might be a good idea to get a couple of 5k in for road practice and to find out what my race pace is...

thx :blushing:

You can definitely do a half if you have 7 mos to train for it!! 5K's are great to start with. I used the FIRST plan from runnersworld http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-238-244-258-9369-0,00.html I used my race pace from a 10K that I had run and a previous half marathon. It worked great for me!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    4 miles done for me today. 55* and felt perfect this morning!! I can't believe how great I feel, totally recovered from the half marathon on Sat already!

And went to the Y to use the elliptical, but someone was on my favorite one so I hopped on the TM. Ended up running a quick 4 miles! Then cooled down w/ an 800 yd swim. :bigsmile:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all are ANIMALS today!!! I ran 8.25 today and did some core work after. I am going to run with a group on Saturday morning... I'm really nervous because they're all super fast. I'm decent, but they run 7 min miles. Since the plan is to run 12, they're going to do an "easy pace" of 7:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a fast pace for me, so we'll see how I can handle it!!!
  • 12by311
    Options
    Katie, good luck! 7:30/mi would be fast paced for me as well.

I just had to check back in and post about my success this evening! I had planed on lifting then doing an easy 2 miles. Well, I biked 1.5 miles to the gym, lifted for 45 minutes, ran a pretty easy 2 miles, then biked 1.5 miles back home!

When I was running, my knee didn't hurt and my lungs/breathing felt so good. I felt like I could have gone much longer but I didn't want to risk it.

I have noticed that now my left knee is a bit achey.

Like I've stated before I have super tight hips and always have to stretch them a ton before and after runs and at random times throughout the day...and I really believe that my tight hips have something to do with my knees bothering me.

Jess mentioned an IT band injury...and I read about it online. Maybe that has something to do with it.

But anyway, I'll stop rambling, I'm just so thankful to have been able to run a little today.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Still taking it easy on my ankle, will try running again sometime next week.

I lifed today, and did a lot of abs.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess!

Thanks again for that information! I alread subscribed to the magazine. I am doing well with my runs. I did 13.9 run on Saturday. I am aiming for 3 times per week. I did 4.1 miles today. My next run planned for Saturday. I will be meeting Chalene Johnson in NYC on Saturday. Im excited and can't wait. She will be holding a VIP class so its gonna be fun working out with her live! I plan to post pics on my BB page.

Steph
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to rest today-had totally talked myself into not running. Then I got on here-got some motivation and kicked butt.

I was at the 2 minute intervals and up it to the 5 minute intervals. I did 3 sets of 5 minutes. I totally had myself psyched out this whole week over the increase but just stayed steady, didnt look at my watched and breathed!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,393 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Four for me today and I got in 6 yesterday. I was supposed to do 7 but I pressed the snooze button and ran out of time. Today was scheduled for 3, but I added the mile I skipped yesterday. Tomorrow is just weights, and I have 11 scheduled for Saturday. Just 3 weeks until my 20K. :happy: