Struggling..

Options
My name is Camellia, I'm 5ft 4.5in tall, and currently weigh 116 lb.
I've been using MFP since January and have been going to the gym nearly 4-5 times a week, doing 40 minutes in the weight room and 40-50 minutes cardio. I'm trying to get in shape and get to (at the very least) 112 lb.
That should be simple, right?
So why am I not losing weight?

I started out at 1200 calories but found I was too weak (I have a medical condition that complicates things), so I upped it to 1300 calories. I fluctuate from 115-117, have been since I started. I've changed my diet, cutting down on carbs and just making healthier choices, and no change. I'm sure my measurements are slightly different, but I've never taken them before so I don't really know. My family and boyfriend say I look smaller, but I don't know.

I talked to my doctor about this and the only diet she claimed was effective was to cut out all carbs forever.
I'm not willing to do that, I think it's completely ridiculous.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do? I feel like I'm losing my mind, I'm so frustrated!

Replies

• bmcmforfun
    Options
    Have you tried yoga?
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    do you do the same workout each time? you're body might be to use to what your doing. try intervals on your cardio that will help get rid of fat, (also cuts the time needed down). if you're working out that much though you might actually need more calories

id start by switching the routine a bit, also muscle weighs more then fat. so if you look smaller ignore the scale because if your lifting everyday like that chances are your putting muscle on (especially if your clothes are loser or inches go down) which means the scale is not going to be your friend.