just finished day 1 of 30 DS

Options
2»

Replies

• Tbirdsmom
    Tbirdsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    the first time i did it i hurt like hell i could barely walk when i was done but i did and i actually walked a lot after that and that helped. I pushed threw and did it the next day and the next. after day 3 most of the pain was gone. I am on day 8 today and planning to start level 2. I might actually die..lol
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It gets easier about day 4 lol. Keep at it. Its a brilliant workout xxx
  • kellymarie111
    kellymarie111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just went on eBay I purchase one and there's 2 different ones...which one Should i get?

You girls are freaking me out and i don't want to
    Do it already hahaha.

Has anyone lost much weight by doing it? And does it tell
    You how much calories you burnt each workout?

:-)
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ive done it.... I felt really sore for the first few days, my legs were killing and I ached but if you push through its worth it.. I got Ripped in 30 and Im on week 2 of that but am not committed to it like I was the 30DS, I think its because Im trying to run more... I have entered a 5k in July so really want to concentrate on that.... it was not light enough to get out in the morning when I was on with the 30 ds so I did it 6 times a week. I never measured although I wish I had.

In my opinion it really does tone you up... its the best all round 20 minute workout Ive ever come across anyway..... If you prefer cardio then her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd is a good one...... :0)

xx
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how differently people respond to something like this! I'm on day 9 - just one more workout then I start level 2. I've always thought I maintained a reasonable level of fitness with regular workouts and mountain hiking once a week or so but my first day of 30DS was torture! Day 2, 3 and 4 were actually worse because I was in so much pain from day 1!!

However, it has been much easier the last few days. I've only been using 1kg weights though. I've started using 2kg for chest flys and the lunges and squats but the side lunges with arm lifts kill me... And the push-ups!! Ouch!!! ...and I'm doing the women's pose - on the knees! I'm literally scared of the proper push ups becaus I find them so hard!

The good news - for both of us - is that it definitely does get easier! :)
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    I just started it today too! And yes, it totally kicked my butt. That's what we're here for, right? I'm sure it will get easier as we go. Just keep at it! We can do this!! =D

PS~ Feel free to friend me if you want! I'm big on encouraging my friends =D
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No need to wait until tomorrow for the 'pain', just wait until later tonight when you want get up off the chair, your legs will protest!!

I have just completed day 4 of level 1 and pleased to say my legs do ache slightly less today. I too dislike the butt kicks! Think i will be swapping the routine and doing them first, then the jumping jacks which suprisingly I dont' appear to have so much of a problem with.

Cannot imagine i will be moving onto next level supposedly in six days time, but who knows I might suprise myself, I can but hope!!

Good luck, keep with it and part of the reason I am motivated to keep going is because of all the great results everyone keeps posting on completion of the 30days shred. I WANT those results too!!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First of all let me say "YOU CAN DO IT"!! I completed Day 10/ Level1 on Sat 3/10.(I have already lost 3lbs ) Today is my Day 13/Level 2. To me level 2 is a beast! Level 1 compared to Level 2 makes me miss Level 1. Julian works the ENTIRE body & you will see the results!
  • whit1108
    whit1108 Posts: 94
    Options
    I did level one day one like a week ago and i was so sore in my thighs i could hardle move. I skipped the next night because i was so sore and well now its a week later and I still havent done it since! But i told myself TONIGHT is the night that i will start it back up again and even if i am sore i will still keep going and i will finish the entire 30 days! I use 3lb weights when doing it. I tryed 5;b weights but they were just to heavy. My body just shakes and burns with the 3lb weights.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    I see on some of these forums that some people dont start off w/ weight @ all but improvise w/ water bottles and other things if the 3lbs are to hard for ya.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3! Go us!! I actually started 30 Day Shred on Level 2 because Level 1 was a bit too easy for me. Level 2 is just the right amount. Think about how in the end, it'll be all worth it!! Yaayy. Great job~