Unsuccessful

Options
2»

Replies

• kaseyAnne425
    Options
    well I thinking I am suppose to be fat the rest of my life because I can't seem to say with anything. dieting , eating right or even fitness...

When I read this, I see excuses. Anyone is capable of change. I LOVE eating better, it makes me feel amazing. You are making excuses for yourself by saying you were destined to be fat, only YOU can change that
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    One baby step at a time... habits are hard to change.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    GREAT ADVICE!

Everyone of us has had days when we feel like we're not making any progress. Bad days come with the good days. Just know that good days will come again. I like this advice. Carlene, set small goals. And pat yourself on the back every time you achieve them. My BIG goal is to lose 100 lbs. But I'm excited with EVERY pound I lose getting me there. I only weigh myself once a week...so I find joys in other things: every flight of stairs I climb, every 100 jumping jacks I do, every healthy meal I eat. Regardless of when (or even IF) I reach my 100 lb goal, I celebrate the steps on the way.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Do you have the smart phone app? Do you have a food scale?

Give yourself the tools to succeed. This is basic math, but who wants to do story problems just to be able to eat? You want MFP to do it for you. Log the food as you eat it, so you can choose portion sizes that fit in your calorie allowance. Weigh and measure everything, don't just judge the amount by how it looks. Play with your smart phone bar code scanner, as having the cool toy makes it fun.

Don't try to cut your intake too much. This is about the way you're going to eat the rest of your life, so it has to be something you can live with. Mostly you'll be eating what you like, but measuring slightly smaller portions. It's not going to happen in 2 weeks. If you restrict your calories severely trying to lose fast, you'll get discouraged and quit before you lose anything. Better to just set your sights on a pound or even a half pound a week. Don't expect to see any overall changes for a month or so, as your water weight will go up and down more than the amount of fat weight you will lose in that time.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    This mindset helps me. Maybe it will help you.
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
  • VanishaDawn
    Options
    Take baby steps! It WILL NOT happen overnight. Look for small Non Scale Victories and be proud of yourself for every minor accomplishment! (Ex: I chose frozen yogurt over ice cream, or I walked in place during commercials) You can do it with a more positive attitude, and a few good motivators, but you have to WANT to! Good luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You need to make little changes...that you can live with. Make better choices when eating...walk a little more...if you drink soda give it up, drink water....water with lemon. You will see a change, but it will be little like the changes you make. If you want to lose weight faster.....you have to make big changes, and exercise alot, even if it's lots of fast walking. Your heart rate has to be up. Have you talk to a doctor to make sure you can exercise before you start!

Good luck : )
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    My advice : Open up your diary, open up your heart to us at MFP (forget the rest of the world for right now), get excited about one thing at a time...

I got excited about keeping tabs on what went in my mouth before I got excited about being able to adjust the numbers and nutritional value. I was TAKING CHARGE... felt empowering..led to thoughts of 'maybe there's more I can do with this empowerment thing...

I weighed at the first day and will weigh on April first for the second weigh-in. I got agonizingly impatient to see some sort of scientific proof of my hard work at about 2 weeks so I measured...lost 5 1/2 inches total (neck, waist, hips)

It's baby steps on here... it's baby steps in the brain. Most of all.... and I can't actually shout this or I would ... to everyone...

IT IS ONLY ABOUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all you have control over, that's all you need to think about. Your post is FILLED TO THE BRIM about your yesterday failures and your tomorrow fears of unrealized goals.

just today. no more.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    well I thinking I am suppose to be fat the rest of my life because I can't seem to say with anything. dieting , eating right or even fitness...

CAN'T NEVER DID ANYTHING!!!
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    come on now you've only just joined!! Immerse yourself in mfp, its a great resource, for help, support and guidance, IF you want it. But you can do it.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Some days we all feel like we can't. But that is untrue. Just pick yourself up and start taking care of yourself. No one else is going to take care of your body but you! It's your body. You will have to live with it for the rest of your life. So hey, might as well make it fabulous "I love life" type of body. The decision is solely up to you. :wink:
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options

CAN'T NEVER DID ANYTHING!!!

Never ever bloody anything ever.
  • sabermax
    sabermax Posts: 69
    Options
    I blew it so bad this weekend. I am trying to quit smoking and lose weight and get along with the family that I live with. But I did lose 5 lbs this week. We can't give up. am 42 years old and be heavery 3/4 of my life. Just taking one day at a time. please add me as a friend if you want. read my profile if you wish
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    You have to believe you can do this or you'll sabotage yourself. Talk yourself into making small changes-healthier food, walking a little more, until it gets set in your brain as 'normal' for you. Then take on another small change. You can do this.
  • MinimizingMichelle
    MinimizingMichelle Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Plan your meals a day ahead. Keep you from thinking about food. And set a REASONABLE workout goal. I do 3 days per week for 45 mins of cardio. Once you get past the first couple weeks things get easier and you'll find your cravings starting to decrease significantly. :)

You can do it.
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Diets don't work. Choose to eat healthy. You should do this to feel good over the long run. Not for the scale but to give your body what it needs. You body needs good fresh wholesome food in appropriate quantity. Your body needs lots and lots of water. Your body needs to move. A body in motion will stay in motion. A body at rest will stay at rest. Your body needs to eat a rainbow every day. Be mindful of eating red. orange. yellow, green, bluje, purple foods every day to maximize vitamines and minerals your body needs (not colors on a box), Your body needs healthy lean protien and plenty of fiber to keep it working correctly.

Avoid the things that hurt your body (and mind). Your body does not need refined sugar and flour, preservatives and chemicals that your can't even pronounce and don't know what they are. Your body does not need things produced an factories and laced with poisons and carcinogens. Your body does not need food that is so processed it has no connection to its origons (chicken nuggets and potato chips come to mind)Your body and your mind do not need negative thoughts which lead to negative actions.

Take care of your body and your body will return to its normal natural state over time. There are no quick fixes for a lifetime of bad choices. This stuff is one day at a time. It takes a while to replace good choices for bad ones. Log everything. Forgive yourself for blowing it. Eat at least 1200 healthy calories every day. Make one small change every week. Trust me. If I can do this so can you. Read the MFP success stories when your motivation is low. Do something nice for someone else.
  • pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    you know tomorrow is going to come regardless of what you weigh......you have everything to lose if you dont try......and everything to gain if you do.......you can choose to be miserable....or choose to be happy...it's your choice......but tomorrow will be here.... which would you prefer...life?...or ?????