Anybody else feel this way?

Options
The strangest thing happened today... I decided that 30lbs in, I should reward myself with new shorts and new jeans (especially since we are going to South Africa in 2 weeks to visit my dad whom I haven't seen in 7 years... cant do that with saggy bottom jeans).

Well, I thought I'd try some 12's to see if I had made it into them yet, and they fit!! It was awesome... onto the shorts... they fit too, however, I was suddenly struck by this bout of uber self-conciousness. 33 pounds ago, I thought I was just going to be heavy for the rest of my life and I rocked a pair of size 18 shorts with out even blinking.... now I could hardly step out of the change room for my hubby's opinion. I would have thought that 33 pounds later I woulda ran back to the rack and scooped up 10 more pairs... but I didnt.

I really dont know why now all of a sudden, Im scared to wear my clothing size in public. Is it because Ive come this far, that I can actually LOOK at and SEE all the places that I still need to work on?

Anyway, I was just wondering from you "MFP veterans" if any of you felt this way halfway through?

Replies

• tinaruby
    tinaruby Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband seems like he feels the same way you do. The more weight he looses, the better he looks, but the more he complains about what bothers him. :-)

I guess through the years we learn to ignore what we can't change, but once you realize you CAN change it, it bothers you more. :-)
  • bear_nakey
    bear_nakey Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    omg! I could hug you!!! YES!! I totally feel that way! And it is such a hard thing to explain. I don't feel comfortable in my skin, I feel very awkward and strange. . . I wonder how to get past this and start feeling good about myself!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I really think thats what it is... all those years before, I would look in the mirror and not actually see. Now that Im looking for the change, I also notice the bits that still need to co-operate. Its the strangest feeling though, I expected to be over joyed.. instead I had a mini panic attack at the thought of having to step out of that change room!
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    No one looks at you when you are overweight...not really look and think yum! It is a protection from all of that and it is gone! Well learn to live with a nice body. You will grow into the comfort of it. Scary and not as safe as over weight, but oh, so good to loose.! Congratulations on your loss and enjoy your new/old body shape.
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    omg! I could hug you!!! YES!! I totally feel that way! And it is such a hard thing to explain. I don't feel comfortable in my skin, I feel very awkward and strange. . . I wonder how to get past this and start feeling good about myself!

LOL!! Im glad Im not crazy! I told my hubby how I felt and his words "Thats retarded, you look better than Ive ever seen you look". It is uncomfortable though.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I think that's sooooo awesome for you!!!!!!! I just like the fact that my rib cage area is no longer feeling flabby!!! I can feel my ribs again when I stretch!!! I've got a ways to go before I reach my goal, but as long as I can see and feel results, I'm fine!

Great job!!!! I'm rooting for you!!! Bet your dad will be all grins!!!!