365th day of logging & 56lbs with pics

Options
dibley_98
dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
Hi everyone - yesterday I reached a major goal. I logged my 365th day on MFP! I couldn't be happier with my success too. I still have about 15 to 20lbs left to go and have every intent on succeeding. But not without all of you, your successes, your pics, and your support.

I started this journey on March 6th, 2011 at 225lbs when I joined a local biggest loser challenge. I put $50 into the pot and began my journey to have the highest % weight loss in 4 months and win $1,500. That was hands down my motivation for starting. I do not deny that at all. I really think that I would not have started this without that chance of winning the $$. Well a few days after starting, I found MFP and I credit my loss to it and you. I started eating better, I joined a gym, I started doing Zumba, walking and swimming, and constantly checking the success stories and pics. 2 months into the challenge I had lost about 25lbs and my daughter, who is 10 and does 8 hours of gymnastics and 4 hours of cheerleading per week said wow mommy, you're doing so amazing and you have so much more energy. That was a wake up call. How could I expect her to be so active and stay fit, while I would eat whatever, never exercise and basically just keep getting bigger. This was the point when my
motivation changed. A healthy family lifestyle! That is what I want. She's been one of my biggest supporters as well as a measuring tool of my loss. In the beginning, when she hugged me, her hands couldn't touch, her fingers couldn't even touch. Now, she can hug all the way around and grab her forearms. :happy:

So at the end of the 4 month challenge, I had lost about 35lbs and although very close, I came in 2nd place in the challenge. But that was okay. I had my new motivation. Although my weight loss slowed down I've kept at it. I'm now at 169lbs as of this morning and couldn't be happier. I hope to get to about 155 by summer and then see how I feel. Maybe I'll need to lose more, maybe I'll just need to tone. I haven't been anywhere close to that range in about 20 years so I just don't know. But I do know, that MFP will be with me throughout and beyond! I thank-you all from the bottom of my heart!

Stats:
Highest weight - 230lbs
MFP start weight - 225lbs
Current weight - 169lbs
Time it's taken - 1 year
Age - 43
Height - 5'7

10-07-22_11-25-xx_DSC_1462.jpg

DSC_0397-1-1.jpg

2011-07-01.jpg

10DressedOct2011b.jpg

DSC_8833-2.jpg

March 2011 - 225lbs
Feb2011-1.jpg

DSC_8901-2.jpg

Replies

• dibley_98
    Options
    Trying to fix the pics
  • dibley_98
    Options
    Finally got the pics working. :happy:
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great work!! You look fantastic :)
  • biddie1
    biddie1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I agree children are great motivators, when I shout out "Who wants to go for a walk?" it is always my grandchildren scrambling to get their coats and boots. They make it so much more fun too!
    Keep up the great work!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats!
  • Fista
    Fista Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!!! :)
  • Shazzerham
    Options
    You look great!:smile:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice commitment, you're looking great.
  • Myselvein2012
    Myselvein2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I started at 219 and would love to get to 165. It is so inspirational to read about those who have similar numbers and achieve success. Thank you for sharing.
  • Jenny1061
    Jenny1061 Posts: 29
    Options
    i LOVE these success stories!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful success story! You look fabulous! All the best in the future :)
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation and for ALL the right reasons!! Way To Go!! Happy 356th and 56th! Keep it up and be the best YOU, you can be!
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Hoping I can reaxh a similar weight by my 365th day!! Well done!
  • Sjvarley123
    Sjvarley123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW - what an inspiration. Well done on your success aand good luck with reaching your goals!
  • Leaker12
    Leaker12 Posts: 57
    Options
    Great Job,,,,,looks like a different person
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm 5ft 7 and I've lost 56lbs in approx 1year! Unfortunately I'm still 245lbs, you make me see I can loose another 56lbs and be closer to your weight. You've inspired me a lot x
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You look so TRIM and FIT well done, :flowerforyou: sticking with it for a year, congratulations all round, thanks for sharing :smile:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful. Congrats to you on your journey!
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! A whole new person! Congrats! And happy 1 MFP year :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!