getting body back after kids?

Options
Sorry half need help and half just having a big bleh moment!

Have just been cleaning out my computer and came across an old photo of myself from 2007 - i looked awesome (only wish i had realised it more then!) am so annoyed with myself for letting myself go so much after having kids...all the mothers groups and eating cake every day...not to mention taking the car everywhere with the kids because its been easier.

Anyway i have been loving being on MFP and have been loosing weight and in fact have been feeling really positive but seeing that old photo of myself i just kind of despair that i will ever get back there and am now feeling all unmotivated...any mums out there have you managed to get totally back in shape again? i know that i can totally make a huge difference with my diet and exercise but i guess im wondering if having kids also does just change anything that's not possible to get back? ...anyone out there to give me some hope that you can have 3 kids and look smoking hot?? :happy:

Replies

• maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey I have two babies, after my first in 2009 I really let myself go at my heaviest weight of 145lbs( I'm only 5'2) so I decided to get fit around 4/2010. I got down to my goal weight of 118lbs by 10/2010. Only I found out I was pregnant again in January. I knew I wasn't goin to let myself go again after my second child was born. She was born 10/6/11 I started exercising lightly around Christmas and added dieting on the new year. I'm now down to 127lbs so it can be done just stay positive and keep with it
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks! i know it in my head that its possible just suddenly felt there was sooooo far to go! Wish i had got my head in the right space after my second... you look TOTALLY FANTASTIC!!
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    thanks! i know it in my head that its possible just suddenly felt there was sooooo far to go! Wish i had got my head in the right space after my second... you look TOTALLY FANTASTIC!!

Thx it's been tough tho I wanted to give up alot in the beginning, but I no its worth it in the end
    U can add me if u want to
  • MonkeyFlower
    Options
    sent you a friend request thanks, need all the support i can get!
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have two kids, teenagers now, but put on 30kg in weight each time. That's half my body weight! I really struggled with myself, but I lost it all within 6 months each time. In my 30's I went back to uni and put on a few kilos again. The heaviest I have been non-pregnant is about 68kgs. I like to be around 60kg. This site has been fabulous in keeping me honest about what I eat and do.

You will get your old body back and your confidence too. Just believe in you!

Donna
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You absolutely CAN do it! You've lost 12 lbs already! You are well on your way!

I have 3 kids... the last 2 were twins and my stomach got huge! I was so scared that i've never look good again and I knew i wouldn't have any time for exercise with 2 newborns. Luckily I actually ended up losing the weight by just reducing my calories.

You are eating less AND exercising, so I have no doubt if you stick to it you'll be smokin hot again in no time!!!

Btw, i have a photo like that from 2004. I taped it to my bathroom mirror as motivation. It reminds me what my body is capable of. My scale is in the same bathroom and every time I lose another lb, I tell myself that's 1 lb closer to getting that body back!

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!
  • MonkeyFlower
    Options
    thanks so much everyone - didnt realise how touched i would get by the replies but actually feel a bit choked up!

am printing out my old picture and putting it in the gym as motivation!! I realised looking at it that its not that i am that far off the weight (only about 5kg) but i was so toned in the photo whereas my weight now is all squish!!
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    me too. i've got two, my youngest is about to turn one in a few weeks, my goal was to get back to my pre-preg weight by her birthday. i'm 6 lbs away now, so I dont think i'll make it (i'm 1 lb/wk kinda girl, and i'm ok with that). That said, I have a girlfriend who just had her second like 4 weeks ago and she already looks almost perfect (even with her C-section damage). So yes, you can do it... i haven't quite done it, but i'm getting there (about 20ish lbs more for me total). I too have a pre-baby hotty picture taped to my fridge. helps me not graze as much when i feed my grazing toddler. However, it's right next to a picture of enormo-me holding both my girls just after the 2nd was born. It helps me not to feel to sad about not being hottie me, at least there was good reason.
  • mylovelyhumps
    mylovelyhumps Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every mom wants to be the hot mom lol I moved.. Neighborhood sucks. I don't want to walk anywhere!
  • MonkeyFlower
    Options
    However, it's right next to a picture of enormo-me holding both my girls just after the 2nd was born. It helps me not to feel to sad about not being hottie me, at least there was good reason.

ohh i like this idea, will find a post preggo picture to put up next to my other one - can remind myself where i started out! funnily enough even after my last c-section my tummy never holds to much fat - its more like someone has deflated my bum and been adding dough to my thighs while ive been sleeping....:laugh:
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Three kids right here!! All boys...and I have a better body than before kids!!! It's totally possible sweet stuff!!! Trust me!! I'm not even a psycho about clean eating and working out(although I DO work out as of late...mfp is so inspiring!!!)..and I'm not naturally thin either!! Just say no to that darn cake..it's not that good anyways!!! Right???? Lol!!!

Btw I have a preggo pic in my album...I gains 65 lbs every time..all of the "fit" pics are recent ;)
  • MonkeyFlower
    Options
    JenAiMarres - i would kill for your legs!!

dam i have to run...as the mum of three boys too looks like nap time is over for them and that means goodbye to my nice break in front of the computer!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    JenAiMarres - i would kill for your legs!!

dam i have to run...as the mum of three boys too looks like nap time is over for them and that means goodbye to my nice break in front of the computer!

Thanks doll!! You can and will do it!!! Don't ever feel defeated...u are gorgeous and have already lost!! That's such a success in itself!! We all have those "moments" when we doubt our abilities to bounce back...

Soo cool u have all boys too!! I think a friend request is in order!! Sending one!!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yep! Totally possible! I have a 5 year old son by c-section and I'm in better shape now than I was before I was pregnant. Prior to pregnancy, I was 100lbs and skinny - no muscle definition, just scrawny. Now, I have some muscle and I want more! You can do it girl! :D
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, or damn close to it. I have two kids, 3.5 and 2 years old. My body is more or less how it was, weight and appearance wise. The only difference is that the skin on the belly is more loose and saggy, but the good thing is that you can't tell when I am standing. Sitting and bending over can be an issue, though it might not be obvious to others.

There are tons of hot mommies on mpf.
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Yes it's possible! I gained 55 pounds with my first kid, and 60 pounds with my second, and after each pregnancy I lost all the weight plus an extra five pounds. I've since gained back 10 pounds (I turned 30 and I swear my metabolism shifted!) so that's why I'm here tracking food. Finding an exercise routine that you love and will be consistent with really helps. In the past I've made a calendar to schedule my workouts and I'd give myself a star sticker each time I'd do them (What can I say, I'm a former elementary teacher..haha). It was motivating to see all those stars at the end of the month. Feel free to add me!
  • pocatree83
    Options
    Okay now I don't feel so bad. I have three kids and with each pregnancy I gained about 80 lbs. Don't judge me lol. All my life I was really thin. That flew out the window with the first positive pregnancy test. Now maintaining my weight is so hard. I do admit that before February 2012 I did not exercise, I thought dieting alone would be enough. I could not have been more wrong. I've been exercising every day for six weeks now. I lost a total of 5 pounds in all. I was hoping for a more rapid decrease. Any suggestions?
  • toagirl
    toagirl Posts: 41
    Options
    This is such a motivating thread! I am feeling more inspired than ever :happy: I am 42 yrs old, have 2 daughters (17 & 14). Since the birth of my first child I put on 30kgs. In 2009 I vowed that all that excess weight was coming off. Well, I am half way there and I am really determined to shift the remaining 15kgs. I started lifting weights 4 weeks ago and am enjoying the change in my body shape and tone. My goal is to join the ranks of 'Hottie Mums' around the world. I think the weights are definetly going to help me succeed!!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    my youngest is now 3. My heaviest I was like 171lbs (78kg). July last year I decided enough was enough, and I'm now down to 149lbs (68kg). I have 3kg (7lbs to go) but i know can do it.

if you want it you will find away. Otherwise you'll just make an excuse. i'm not saying that to be a b*tch or anything, I'm saying it cause I use to make every excuse under the sun. then I had enough. l
    Sounds like you have had your enough.

Feel free to add me for support.