Losing too fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No, don't worry at all. It's natural, it is mostly water weight. You are detoxing your body. Definitely stay in the 1200-1500 stage :) don't eat 1700 calories, that is wayyyyyyy too much, and you will gain. I work with a trainer, I eat 1200 a day, sometimes 1100 a day, and I work out for 1 hour 5 times a week doing full body workouts. It is okay to lose 2 or 3 pounds a week. It is natural for a while, once you are about 10-15 pounds from your goal weight you will see your weight loss slowing down. :) it is completely natural :)
    Can I just say, you can't automatically claim that 1700 is "way too much" for everyone, or that it will make you gain. When I was eating 1200-1300 and exercising, I stopped losing after a while. Upped my calories to 1650, and what happened? I'm losing again, and consistently. I'm not saying that what works for me would work for everyone, but thinking that calories are evil is no way to establish a lifestyle you can maintain.

Agree. I'm around 10lbs away from my goal and am eating 1650 a day, and cos of my work/at uni i'm on my feet a lot so I burn off the majority of these calories. I lost the majority of my weight last year, but this year so far I lost around 10pounds in Jan (net 1200), then in Feb (again net cals 1200) I only lost 2 pounds so I upped my calories and in March i've lost 3 already so something must be working through eating more! :)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was one of those that at 1200 cals doing 20-60 min of workouts a day 5-6x a week. I did lose the weight but I wasn't as toned like I should have been. I also gained back some of my weight I was always moody tired and hungry but I was bound and determined to lose this weight. I was so wrong with not eating more. I would have had more muscle show up. I could kick myself. I am now eating 1600 as of today but I burned 500 today so I will be eating 1800.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    According to your profile, you've lost 27lbs and only have 30 to go. With that in mind, Yes, I would say you are losing too fast. With 30lbs to lose, anything more than 3lbs/week is a lot. If you are eating 1200/day, every day, no matter what exercises you do, you aren't eating enough food.
  • memleyxx
    memleyxx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Those numbers were from my very heaviest, two years ago. I started at 193-5 around the beginning of Lent and I'm down to 180. That's a more accurate depiction of it. Don't worry, I didn't lose 30 lbs in 4 weeks.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have lost 18lb in 3 days!! Which has blown my mind. Clearly my body is enjoying the low carbs and the gym most days and has started to respond. I might increase my carb intake so I don't loose too much too quickly as I don't want to get ill. Has anyone else lost this much so quickly? Is it ok or should I slow it down?

My guess is that you had a lot of food in your gut to get rid of.

I know I did. My first week I lost 9lb. I know about 6lb will just be food in my gut. But if you had a lot to lose to start with, you might have more food in the pipeline to flush out.
  • 20lbsorless
    Options
    i'm in my first week and i'm hoping to lose 3 lbs. i'm finding it hard to stick to my 1200 calories a day. the two days i went to the gym i ate way under my recommended as i was given an extra 500-600 calories more to eat and on the day i didnt work out and was at work from 7-7 was carb galore, way over. any suggestions what i can take with me on tuesdays to stop me breaking my diet regime?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!