New to myfitnesspal

donnat238
donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi - my name is Donna and I joined yesterday. I am a 45 yr old female that wants/needs to lose 100 lbs. Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated.:smile:

Replies

• donnat238
    Hi - my name is Donna and I joined yesterday. I am a 45 yr old female that wants/needs to lose 100 lbs. Any words of advice or encouragement would be appreciated.:smile:
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Welcome. :-) My only advice is to believe in yourself and your ability to do this. Some days will be a struggle, but it is so worth it! (I've lost 117 pounds to date).

The only other thing. Be honest with yourself. I've wasted months at a time because I was not being honest with myself about my efforts and what I was doing.

YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Hi, Donna, and welcome. I'm not quite to the end of my journey, but I can tell you not to give up and to keep plugging away. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • donnat238
    Wow! 117 lbs. I want to reply to a post in the future with that info! My biggest downfall is getting enough exercise. I work 9-10 hour days at a mentally stressful job, so it's very easy for me to talk myself out of working out each day. Recently I added (3) 10 minute walks to each work day (during breaks and lunch), plus I'm parking at the far end of the parking lot for an additional walk. I've lost 8 lbs in the last 3 weeks. Next week I've signed up for a class at the gym twice a week. I'm taking baby steps, but feel very confident that I'll reach my goal of 20 lbs by my next birthday (early July).

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's inspiring to know that others have overcome the same obstacle (100 lbs) that I'm attempting.
  • donnat238
    Thanks for the words of encouragement! I want to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet. I was always frustrated in the past when I wouldn't lose weight quickly enough - or at least as quickly enough for me!:ohwell:

This time - I went to a registered dietician for advice on food choices and my doctor recommended exercise and weight goals.

I feel very positive!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • donnat238
    Thanks for the encouragement and support! I love the site so far....the food diary is so easy to use. I have recommended it to everyone that is trying to lose weight.

Wow - you're doing great! I'd like to be @ the 40 lb loss soon. I want to lose weight, but my main goal is my health. I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I need to eat right, lose weight, and exercise more.

starting weight-258
    Current weight-258
    My goal weight- 150
This discussion has been closed.