Soda replacement

Options
Hi everyone!

So I gave up soda, and I do actually feel better not drinking it. But the problem that I am having is a replacement for my three o'clock soda fix. I am also having issues making sure I drink enough water each day. I have tried adding things like crystal light but I am interested in what others add or make to make sure they drink enough water. I'm not a fan of green tea, just something about the taste. Anyways I would love to hear what you guys drink on a daily basis.

Replies

• straitcrzyMary
    straitcrzyMary Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do not like water either. So I pour a little bit of Diet Gran Grape in a glass and the fill the rest with water. It makes me drink more with that little bit of taste. I hope this helps.
  • dalygirl_2010
    Options
    I drink sugar free Hawaiian punch... I also have a soda stream so if I ever want something bubbly I can make sparkling water, then add sugar free punch pack to it...
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    For water if I'm at home I add fruit into a pitcher let the flavors take over, herbal tea decaffinated, sometimes I add a nestea 5cal flavor crystals to my water at work if I really don't feel like water.

As for pop I will have it occassionally (diet and at restaurants only) now I can't handle a can of pop it hurts my throat.
    We tried selzer water, and club soda with juice if we(BF and I) were really craving the carbonation.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sparkling mineral water or plain soda water with a squeeze of fresh lime, ice cubes, lemon slice and a straw. If you really want to do it properly, add a paper umbrella on the side. It feels like a proper drink with no cals!
    And no artificial additives, though it you are concerned about sodium you should check the nutrition info.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I love my water ice cold. Sometimes I've added a squeeze of lemon for flavor. But like somebody else said about adding fruit to a pitcher-- I knew somebody who did something similar but instead of berries they just added lime. (Both lemon and lime are good for you metabolism).
    Green tea is an acquired taste of a drink. Sometimes I'll drink other time not-so-much. But if you buy flavored green tea or any kind of herbal tea- caf or decaf you'll be well on your way to healthy :)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea. Okay, sounds weird, and I've never been a big soda drinker, but I like discovering tea flavors. For instance, I absolutely love Celestial Seasonings' 'Bengal Spice' and Stash's 'Licorice' tea. Nice thing about herbal teas is they give you a lot of drink for your money, and they work hot and cold. :happy:
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I carry a nalgene around with me so I drink water constantly. I know after I kicked the soda habit I drank a lot of lemonade, and my mom was buy the 10 calorie a serving brand (I think it was crystal light?) I'm not sure how nutritionally sound it is, but that certainly was nice for some flavor.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Water, Vitamin Water Zero, Sobe Lifewater 0 Calories, or, if I really want a soda, V8 Fusion Sparkling. The V8 Fusion Sparkling have 60 calories but they at least have some nutritional value in them compared to soda.
  • Kanlassak
    Kanlassak Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a mix of diet soda, water with those water enhancer flavor things, and herbal/black teas. I especially like mint-chamomile tea, but almost everyone I know likes different types of tea. I only really drink plain water if I've been exercising.
  • rbaileynz
    rbaileynz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find the mint green teas often have a sweeter taste and can be easier for those who don't enjoy the classic green teal flavor.
  • rachelfaith92
    rachelfaith92 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like ice water with extra lemons and 2 sweet and lows. Otherwise I like buying sparkling flavored water from the dollar store for that fizzy pop taste.. Or buying seltzer water and adding MIO to it.