Just looking for some clarification...

Sorry to beat the crap out of this issue, and supply yet another topic soon to be lost to the ethos of ages, but...

I've been told a few times that the minimum amount of recommended calories for a man, even when attempting to lose weight, is 1800 a day (1200 for women).

If this is indeed the case,m it is ok for MFP to be suggesting I only eat around 1300 a day? Will this amount cause me to plateau/go into the dreaded 'starvation mode'?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

O

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Sorry to beat the crap out of this issue, and supply yet another topic soon to be lost to the ethos of ages, but...

I've been told a few times that the minimum amount of recommended calories for a man, even when attempting to lose weight, is 1800 a day (1200 for women).

If this is indeed the case,m it is ok for MFP to be suggesting I only eat around 1300 a day? Will this amount cause me to plateau/go into the dreaded 'starvation mode'?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

O

Would need your:
    Weight
    Bodyfat
    Goals
  • eightpock
    eightpock Posts: 61
    Olliegon,

I had always thought the rule was 1,200.. then I was told 1,500. Which I thought I was getting a day... Then I got a fitbit and starting wearing that to track my calorie burn, now my actual intake is between 800-1,000 a day.

I find it difficult to "catch" up on calories after I finish my exercise routine at night, as I tend not to be that hungry late in the evening. I've lost 30 pounds so far, with about 28 more to go..it seems to have slowed a bit.. I'm not sure why.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    what do u have your weight loss goal set to? Because if it's set to 2lbs a week that's whats with the huge def. Also, how much do you even weigh that it would put you at 1200???
  • you have to figure in how much you work out and what your BMi is then you multipy that by your body weight. that will tell you how much fat you have on you then go any take that away from your total fat and that is how much you would weight if you had 0%body fat for ex:

18% BMI
    250 weight
    ________
    45 punds of fat on your body
    250-45= 205 if your weigh is 205 you will have zero % body fat