Reliable/honest source for Beachbody DVDs?

Options
I can't bring myself to pay the new DVD price, plus the shipping, on the Beachbody site. Does anyone know any good sources for used/cheaper Beachbody DVDs? I looked on Ebay, but it's not that much cheaper than new. Thanks!

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would just order from Beach Body. You know that the product is 100% legit and they do allow payment plans (I know on some programs anyway). It seems like a lot, but it's cheaper than going to the gym every month(in the long run.)
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    Have you tried Amazon or Craigslist?
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I just posted this question a couple days ago. Hint: craigslist.com :)
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm using Amazon because I have some vouchers to use to take money off. The only problem is, I think the price is exactly the same as the beachbody site.

Have you looked into finding a beachbody coach? I'm pretty sure you can purchase the DVDs from them at a discounted price, just make sure you find a good coach if you go that route like Wayne W.
  • MysteriousWays
    MysteriousWays Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I got the Insanity DVDs for about half off the Beach Body price from Amazon. They came in the original package and I think it was fulfilled by Amazon. I'd look there first.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I got P90X brand new, unopened on Craigslist for $40.00 You could probably get barely used copies even cheaper. People give up on them all of the time.
  • mamalade1
    mamalade1 Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've checked my local Craigslist, nothing there, but I live in a small town. Amazon is about the same, but at least no exorbitant shipping prices! I didn't even know there were Beachbody coaches. I'm not sure I'm at that level of c ommitment, to hire a coach, find a babysitter, etc. I'm in the "wander downstairs after breakfast, throw the kid in front of Sesame Street, exercise in my pajamas" level ;)
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Honestly i would just download it and save yourself £100+.
  • rockstargal629
    Options
    Not to encourage what is considered illegal activity ... but that's what I did too. Downloaded P90X and Brazil Butt Lift. All you pay is the cost of a dvd to burn it and then buy the equipment separately (like hand weights, yoga mats, bands, etc). There are legitimate copies out there, be wary of those that are not and will infect your system with really nasty viruses. But if you're tech savy, it's really easy. I only do it for those I really want and feel are extremely overpriced.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you order from beachbody they give you a money back guarentee. Also, they have payment plan options.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Amazon, eBay,craigslist!
  • dreweth
    dreweth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not to encourage what is considered illegal activity ... but that's what I did too. Downloaded P90X and Brazil Butt Lift. All you pay is the cost of a dvd to burn it and then buy the equipment separately (like hand weights, yoga mats, bands, etc). There are legitimate copies out there, be wary of those that are not and will infect your system with really nasty viruses. But if you're tech savy, it's really easy. I only do it for those I really want and feel are extremely overpriced.

What a great lesson for your child - when you want something you feel is overpriced, steal it!

To the OP, Amazon is reliable, but the price is "normal". I bought mine there. I am considering picking up a used Insanity set for my next round of P90X to do a hybrid, and plan on getting it used from Craig's List or Ebay. As others have said, people give up on many fitness programs, and you can profit from that.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would also check Ebay.. I got my Fitbit there for $60 (saved $39) and I just got the Brazil Butt Lift for $ 44.00(saved $28.00) ... You just have to search for it.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've checked my local Craigslist, nothing there, but I live in a small town. Amazon is about the same, but at least no exorbitant shipping prices! I didn't even know there were Beachbody coaches. I'm not sure I'm at that level of c ommitment, to hire a coach, find a babysitter, etc. I'm in the "wander downstairs after breakfast, throw the kid in front of Sesame Street, exercise in my pajamas" level ;)

I personally know two "Beach Body Coaches". I have to contain myself when I think about that. One is a minimum of 100 pounds overweight, and the other one is 30 pounds overweight but hyper as hell. I consider neither one of them to know ANYTHING about fitness or weight loss or success for that matter.

Beach Body Coaches: anyone can be one. Just buy into the hype and you're a coach.
  • tru2rt
    tru2rt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a beachbody coach myself and overweight and I do know the concept of fitness, nutrition and success. I see fellow acquantances killing their weight loss goals with beachbody products. Alot of people use beachbody because you can get your shakes, work outs, and connect with people just like them all in one spot.

I work everyday helping people to acheive their fitness goals....everyone has their own opinion but I sure don't want anyone to think beachbody coachs are lazy and do nothing since you stated that as long as you buy into the hype you can become a coach. Only true coaches know what it is like to be a coach. And when you are beside that person every step of the way you become like family to them......this is what beachbody is all about!

I personally know two "Beach Body Coaches". I have to contain myself when I think about that. One is a minimum of 100 pounds overweight, and the other one is 30 pounds overweight but hyper as hell. I consider neither one of them to know ANYTHING about fitness or weight loss or success for that matter.

Beach Body Coaches: anyone can be one. Just buy into the hype and you're a coach.
  • atx7
    atx7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I only do it for those I really want and feel are extremely overpriced.

I do the same with cars.
  • mvandommelen
    Options
    I have done ebay for insanity and turbo fire and was happy with both
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would just order from Beach Body. You know that the product is 100% legit and they do allow payment plans (I know on some programs anyway). It seems like a lot, but it's cheaper than going to the gym every month(in the long run.)

^^^^agree with above comment. some offer payment plans and you know your getting the real thing
    I just ordered the Les Mills PUMP from their website and i love it! the payment plans help also
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I went to this store called vintage stock and they had p90X, hip hop abs and a few others that I can't think of the name of for like 20 dollars for the sets. Check your local vintage stock if you have one.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm also a beachbody coach. I would suggest either ordering through the beachbody coach or the beachbody website itself. They do offer a 30 day money back guarentee if you dont like the workout.