30 Day Fitness Plan??

Options
Hey guys!

Well, I'm 30 days away from my friend's wedding. I'm not only a bridesmaid but I'm also singing in the wedding and would like to make a plan for the next 30 days. I've hit a plateau for the past 4 weeks and can't seem to break it. I've tried upping calories, lowering calories, increased workouts, not eating exercise calories and eating them. I'm just stuck - but not giving up.

I'm curious if anyone has a 30 day plan that incorporates a fair amount of cardio with light weight/strength training? Or if anyone knows where I could find one. I can't afford a personal trainer at the gym - but I'm tired of my same routine and fear that's partially why I've hit a plateau. Any input or ideas will be MUCH appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Well, I'm 30 days away from my friend's wedding. I'm not only a bridesmaid but I'm also singing in the wedding and would like to make a plan for the next 30 days. I've hit a plateau for the past 4 weeks and can't seem to break it. I've tried upping calories, lowering calories, increased workouts, not eating exercise calories and eating them. I'm just stuck - but not giving up.

I'm curious if anyone has a 30 day plan that incorporates a fair amount of cardio with light weight/strength training? Or if anyone knows where I could find one. I can't afford a personal trainer at the gym - but I'm tired of my same routine and fear that's partially why I've hit a plateau. Any input or ideas will be MUCH appreciated! :flowerforyou:
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    Try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's Cardio, Strenth, and Abs.... I'm only on Level 1 out of 3, but I really like it, and it's only a 20 minute workout.....

Good luck! :smile:
  • DIonne0901
    DIonne0901 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi

I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD's which incoporate Cardio, Strength and Ab training which is really defining my shape and increasing my workout endurance I'm in the United Kingdom but have read that these DVDs are reasonably priced in the US so you could try them, all you need is a set of dumbells for the 30DS.

I plateau'd a couple of weeks ago and realised after speaking to others that my carb intake was high, so have cut back on pasta, rice, bread and cereals and started to eat more protein, especially fish, i.e tuna and salmon with steamed veg or salad and the lbs started moving again.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's Cardio, Strenth, and Abs.... I'm only on Level 1 out of 3, but I really like it, and it's only a 20 minute workout.....

Ditto! I lost several lbs and inches while doing it. I usually did an extra workout (cardio) too.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    hey -

i just googled "30 day fitness plan" and came up with this:
    http://exercise.about.com/c/ec/26.htm

looks like an interesting way to mix it up- - not sure if its free or not (didn't look at it a real long time) but wanted to send it your way as an idea.

good luck!
    :heart:
  • FletcherChic
    FletcherChic Posts: 158
    Options
    is the 30 day shred a DVD???? do you ned to have weights at home to be able to do this??? i am looking for a strength training plan and wonder if this would fulfill what i need...?????anybody know anything about the P90X (i think that's what it's called)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    30DS is a dvd you should be able to get @ Target and/or Walmart, and you need light weights.
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options

Hello I have all three of the dvds ( i bought seperately) how do I find the actual plan to follow?

thanks!

151375.png
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. :happy: :flowerforyou:

I was sort of looking for a set of things to do at the gym - as I'm not as motivated to stay on track of things at my home. It's so easy to get distracted! I do have the BL Power Sculpt dvd and have heard lots of great things about the 30 day shred. I may just try that while incorporating days at the gym too - wouldn't want that money to go to waste as well!

Thanks so much!
  • exercisediva
    exercisediva Posts: 127
    Options
    is the 30 day shred a DVD???? do you ned to have weights at home to be able to do this??? i am looking for a strength training plan and wonder if this would fulfill what i need...?????anybody know anything about the P90X (i think that's what it's called)

P90X is a program by Tony Horton. I purchased mine thru beachbody.com. Excellent workout but you will need weights. The concept is muscle confusion. So one day you will work with weights, the next day you will do cardio. The Plyo X is a killer!

151375.png