Carrying heavy shopping

Options
Ahluvly
Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
Hi there, I was meant to get a lift home from the supermarket yesterday but ended up having to carry it home. It weighed 9.1kg...OH MY GOD!

Does anyone know how much I should log this as exercise? It's a 8-10mins walk up a bank to mine from the supermarket, carrying all this food!????

Replies

• katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Theres an exercise in the databse called walking-carrying infant or 15 pound load...that could be close enough :) good on you for walking it!
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    you could log it as strength training
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    It works out 20lbs of shopping I carried up a bank for 10 mins! Have logged it as that carrying an infant one but it's only saying 51cals, bit **** isn't it?!lol
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    that might explain why you burn less at the gym now to what you used to?!
    if carrying 20lbs burns 51 cals in 10 mins, thats 306 an hour so for every lb you lose you will burn 15 less per hour!!!!!!!!

i noticed that at the gym a few weeks back, we had to run with 10kg weights and i was knackered after 5 mins, but i have lost over 10kg so i used to carry that plus more round with me all the time!
  • Ahluvly
    Options
    It's mental isn't it! It annoys me a bit now that I don't get the fab burns, makes me think I've just got super lazy now at my classes but I still get a "lady glow"....lol
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    you are better off being lighter and fitter with lower burns instead of unfit with high burns :-)
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You could always log it as a pride burn: I carried 10 kilo up a 10- 15 % incline and I believe I burnt this many!

Then just don't eat that burn see it as a part of your new active lifestyle. :)