Stretch Marks - Only creams and oils?

Options
I know that stretch marks fade with age because I've had them all my life but recently I've developed some really wide and deep stretch marks on my stomach. They're really prominent and look like someones got a red and purple marker pen and just attacked my tummy in my sleep!!!
I was just wondering, is there anything that can help get rid of them? Not creams or oils because i've tried them. They do help *reduce* the appearance but I know they're still there :( Is there any laser treatment? Do things like getting a tan reduce them more?? So basically any remedies that aren't based on rubbing oil onto them every day

Replies

• jwobbly57
    jwobbly57 Posts: 16
    Options
    I know you say no oils but have you tried Palmers Cocoa Butter formula with vitasmin E Skin therapy oil? It is absolutely brilliant, I use it every day on my legs and tummy, it says it helps scars, stretch marks, dry damaged skin, uneven skin tone and ageing skin. At only £5.95 a bottle much cheaper than laser treatment.

Jenni x
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I use the Palmers too. It has helped massively. It has helped my skin smooth out too!
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    In my experience, tanning does reduce their visibility, but you're always going to know they're there.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything that will get rid of stretch marks. The damage is done. Lol. Though, I have notice going tanning helps to make them less noticeable. :)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Tanning helped when mine were "fresh" or red, but once they "faded" and turned white, tanning only made them more noticeable. :(

Damn stretch marks!