What is the most bizzare diet you've heard of?

Options

Replies

• drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Dr. Shidrawi says the diet is both accessible and easy to stick with, because the formula also makes the feeling of hunger go away within 48 hours. This way, dieters will only have to face cravings, which are strictly forbidden.

Oh yes, why didn't I think of just "forbidding" cravings??? That is so simple...I think I am cured for life of my overeating. :laugh:
  • Shanbl
    Shanbl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is a diet called Sun Gazing where you stare at the sun and you supposedly get all the nutrients you need. No need for food.
  • chixdrag2
    chixdrag2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My in-laws just did a "cleanse" where you eat nothing but fruit the 1st day, veggies the 2nd, fruit and veggies the 3rd, bananas and milk the 4th, beef and tomatoes the 5th day and so on...I asked them what they were supposed to be cleansing and what the theory behind it was and they were like "I dunno I just wanna lose weight" lol
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Oh my.. I think I'm a little scarred.. I wish I never asked the question!! :laugh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The Breatharian Diet

The Breatharian Diet is based on the inedia principle, which claims that food and water are not necessary to sustain life and that the human body can very well subsist on air, sunlight and Prana (life force) alone. In the US, the Breatharian Institute of America has been promoting the concept of the Breatharian Diet for the past few years, focusing on the spiritual concept of inedia or fasting, although the practice has not been without controversy. In the 90s, a few European followers died when trying to abide by the diet, mostly of dehydration aggravated by the lack of food.
    Most Breatharians claim that no food at all is needed to stay alive.

Many believe that just water or herbal teas, combined with sun exposure, are enough to keep them alive. However, many of the people who claim to live a Breatharian life are either reluctant to be examined by doctors or refuse to submit to tests to prove that they have, in fact, avoided solids altogether. Other Breatharians, such as the infamous Wiley Brooks, founder of the Breatharian Institute of America, who claims he subsists on “air and sunlight” most of the time, but that he breaks the fast once in a while by eating a McDonald's burger and a Diet Coke. He explains the choice by saying that junk food provides a specific energetic balance needed to contrarest the clean state he maintains the rest of the time. (Link)

Seriously...WTF?!?! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    There is a diet called Sun Gazing where you stare at the sun and you supposedly get all the nutrients you need. No need for food.

Crazy people. WE'RE NOT PLANTS!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    my friend does the C diet, anything that begins with a 'C' he is NOT allowed to eat, strange thing is it works for him and he ends up loosing a few pounds each time he does it.

Cake
    Cookies
    Coke
    Cotton balls?
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    my friend does the C diet, anything that begins with a 'C' he is NOT allowed to eat, strange thing is it works for him and he ends up loosing a few pounds each time he does it.

Shouldn't it be called the "Not 'C'" diet?

Wait a second...

"Not 'C'"..... Nazi!
    gasp.jpg
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Cake
    Cookies
    Coke
    Cotton balls?

I was all good til the last two.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Back in the 60's there was the "Drinking Man's Diet"....I was to young to try it.
    In the 70's though I tried the "Liquid Protein" diet. You got a plastic jar of something that looked and smelled like watery strawberry jello. You drank this for 2 meals a day and one small meal of real food. I think I may have lasted a week or until the first jar of "protein drink" ran out.
    My daughter did the orange foods only diet.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My favourite are the cleanses that claim that the sicker you get, the more "toxins are leaving your body." YOU ARE SICK BECAUSE YOU AREN'T FUELING YOUR BODY PROPERLY, YOU GULLIBLE TWIT!
    The Breatharian Diet

Apparently, the woman who was preaching that agreed to prove to the media that she was living that way by sitting in a locked room without food or water. She quit early due to getting ill and claimed it was because of the toxic air in the room. :noway:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My exwife had a brilliant one. She would chew the food, then spit it out. No joke.....

Ahh, the chew & spit method.
    I did that before. It was successful...
    BUT DONT DO IT (:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    My friend tried an apple diet.. She ate an apple for breakfast, 2 for lunch and then 3 before she ate a small dinner and then one for supper.. She kept it up for about 3 days and now cannot stand the sight of apples :laugh:

Whats the worst you've heard of? And did it work?

My old crush did the apple diet!!! haha I think maybe he was picking them fresh from an apple tree and one hit him on his head though...In the future I think he'll want to go on the nut diet though -- more suitable to his personality. :laugh:

With that said, I'm sure I must have been on the nut diet for a while myself, because I always find myself on an orange diet (even when I'm not dieting). I just love oranges and when I can't think of what to buy, oranges are always the best buy! :laugh:
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I dont know if anyone mentioned...but WATER FASTS.
    successful!!! but EXTREMELY unhealthy!! LOst 5 pounds in a week for doing it. (was just curious).

Look at this chick's results during a 40 day water fast...OMG! HUGE change. But she looks so nasty the last day!! She did THREE 40 day water fasts. D:

First day of 40 day water fast (1st water fast):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9_Qviei7g&feature=related

Last day(End of first water fast):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKeNQU211c&feature=relmfu

Then, she did another one...

Very Last day of 3rd water fast..NASTY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y9lo5W6SY&feature=related
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I was always fond of Billy Bob and Angelina's "Orange Diet" where they would only eat orange foods.

Cheetos are orange. This could work out well for me.

Ooh, good point. Let us not forget Doritos.

I could handle the "orange diet" especially if cheetos and doritos are involved.

And gummy orange slices!! I would be destined to fail because I refuse to eat candy corn and circus peanuts though.

Oh. I am totally with you on the inability to consume candy corn (vile stuff) and I don't know what circus peanuts are. On a positive orange note: cheese, orange sherbet, orange tictacs, and sour peach candies (yum).

Edited to add: I had to Google circus peanuts. They do NOT look delicious.
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    baby food diet...why oh why??
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I dont know if anyone mentioned...but WATER FASTS.
    successful!!! but EXTREMELY unhealthy!! LOst 5 pounds in a week for doing it. (was just curious).

Look at this chick's results during a 40 day water fast...OMG! HUGE change. But she looks so nasty the last day!! She did THREE 40 day water fasts. D:

First day of 40 day water fast (1st water fast):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY9_Qviei7g&feature=related

Last day(End of first water fast):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKeNQU211c&feature=relmfu

Then, she did another one...

Very Last day of 3rd water fast..NASTY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y9lo5W6SY&feature=related

awful awful awful...makes me sad:(:frown:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I find Lipotrim a bit insane. You literally eat nothing and just drink those stupid sachets.

http://www.lipotrim.co.uk/

And the stupidest thing about that diet is how expensive it is. It's around €70 a week. I shop for a family of 4 for a week for only €100.

My Aunt has done lipotrim a few times, and she's lost weight. But she's put it all back on.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My parents always go on pretty hardcore diets. I think they have a hobby from it by now. Lately it has been drinking 30% concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide and only eating chicken soup. It's quite ridiculous sounding I'm sure but it's true!

My parents have tried convincing me to join along but I can't. I went down the path of anorexia when I was 17 and I just won't ever do it again. I'm much happier losing it the slow way and eating lots of food.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    My parents always go on pretty hardcore diets. I think they have a hobby from it by now. Lately it has been drinking 30% concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide and only eating chicken soup. It's quite ridiculous sounding I'm sure but it's true!

My parents have tried convincing me to join along but I can't. I went down the path of anorexia when I was 17 and I just won't ever do it again. I'm much happier losing it the slow way and eating lots of food.

drinking 30% concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide?

WHAT!?!?