Anyone else notice they're a light weight now?

Options
Since starting to watch what I eat and not eating all those heavy foods, going out and drinking is hitting me harder than ever. Anyone else noticing this with themselves?

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hehe yeah. I noticed years ago the first time I lost weight. Half a glass of wine is more than enough for me. Because we don't eat all those heavy foods, there's not as much in our stomachs to absorb the alcohol.

Funniest story- friend of mine went on the Atkins diet and was on the "no carb" phase of it. She insisted she had to have just alcohol (not beer) when we went out. I tried to talk her out of it, but she did it. She was &*%$-faced in about four sips and I had to call her hubby to come get her. lol
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink for a few weeks now lol. I can never seem to have enough space for alcohol in my diary...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Since starting to watch what I eat and not eating all those heavy foods, going out and drinking is hitting me harder than ever. Anyone else noticing this with themselves?

oh gawd yes. in the past when I was nearly 500 lbs. it would take me 10-12 beers, pint sized before I'd feel the lightly buzzed effects. Now 2-3 and I feel that light buzz. :laugh: