What if it is about the numbers??

Options
I have read lots of great stories posted in these forums. A general theme is that it doesn't matter what the number on the scale reads, but getting healthy is what is important. But, what do you do if the number on the scale IS important?

I have a backpacking trip planned that departs July 30. For my height, I can weigh no more than 200 lbs., or they won't let me on the trail. I have invested $2000 for my son and myself to go on this trip. I was 215 in October 2011, used HCG and got down to 199 for about a week. I was diligent and kept off the weight during the holidays. I am currently at 203 and can't seem to get back under 200.

I have been hitting the gym religiously over the past couple of weeks because I know I need to train so that I can have fun on the trails. But, am thinking about stopping the weight portion, even though I know it would help, because lifting weights adds muscle, which is heavy. I record every morsel that goes into my mouth. I have been keeping my caloric intake to about 1000 a day. But, I had a bad weekend because I was pissed I was only down .5 pounds this week to 203. I over ate Saturday and Sunday by about 500 calories each day. My wife says I need to eat more, but eating more calories when you are trying to lose weight is counter intuitive to me.

So, in this case, it IS about what the scale reads. How can I make sure that come July 30 they don't refuse me at the trailhead?