Having a FIT body after pregnancy?

Options
I am currently 6 months PP (post partum) from my first baby. I do tons of cardio and am currently doing the P90X. I have established good eating habits with my cheats here and there but ultimately am eating really well. I gained 50 pounds:mad: pregnant and have lost 36 of them and as my body shape is getting back to normal I am wondering if my little pooch will?

I started P90X in hopes that it will take care of the rest. Are there any good tips to help gain back my pre preg body! Actually forget the pre preg. I want to be BETTER then pre-preg.

Replies

• jrs_lovely1
    jrs_lovely1 Posts: 35
    Options
    I am currently 6 months PP (post partum) from my first baby. I do tons of cardio and am currently doing the P90X. I have established good eating habits with my cheats here and there but ultimately am eating really well. I gained 50 pounds:mad: pregnant and have lost 36 of them and as my body shape is getting back to normal I am wondering if my little pooch will?

I started P90X in hopes that it will take care of the rest. Are there any good tips to help gain back my pre preg body! Actually forget the pre preg. I want to be BETTER then pre-preg.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of core body strength training. The muscel tone has helped a lot with that.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a lot of core body strength training. The muscel tone has helped a lot with that.

im also recovering from having a baby 7 months ago and two before that!!! i gained 69 with my first and still have the left over's :mad: so im trying to do alot of crunches... There's websites that show workouts for getting rid of the pooch
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I also do a lot of core and strength training.

Now I am pretty much the same weight I was when I started having children....not quite to my wedding day weight....

But I am in better shape than I have ever been.

I am 7 mo PP and it just takes time. Sometimes we are very hard on ourselves and forget that not long ago we still carried a little being inside us.

I hate my stomach....But even when I was super skinny I hated it.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I am in better shape than I was before I had my 3 kids!!

P90X works... stick with it. :flowerforyou:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jess -- P90X will work! Nutrition is a key factor though. There's a saying that abs are made in the kitchen, and it's so true. Follow the nutrition guide, push play, and you will see results. I had my first child when I was 32 & the second at 34; I'm 37 now and in better shape than when I was in my 20s!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ive had 4 babies and gained an extreme amount of weight each time. I can truly say that I am in better shape now than I ever was before kids! P 90 X is def a great program. You will lose the pooch! Having a healthy diet definately plays a major factor in the type of results you will get.

Steph
  • coliechacer
    coliechacer Posts: 105
    Options
    what is P90X i am also 7 months pp and i gained 85 when i was prego and lost 60lbs so far i do tons of cardio also my down fall is snacking at night when i get me time.. I do tons of crunchs nothing seems to be working idk how i am going to get rid of mine ether good luck girl
  • cjbranson
    cjbranson Posts: 121
    Options
    what is P90X i am also 7 months pp and i gained 85 when i was prego and lost 60lbs so far i do tons of cardio also my down fall is snacking at night when i get me time.. I do tons of crunchs nothing seems to be working idk how i am going to get rid of mine ether good luck girl

I sent you an email but I thought I'd post this for anyone else wondering what P90X is...

P90X is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a 3-phase nutrition plan, supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. You won't believe your results!

Why is P90X so effective?
    The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called "Muscle Confusion," which accelerates results by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated.

The P90X system includes:

3 Guides to get you started!

* P90X 3-Phase Nutrition Plan
    * P90X Fitness Guide
    * "How to Bring It" video

12 highly intense workouts

* Chest & Back
    * Plyometrics
    * Shoulders & Arms
    * Yoga X
    * Legs & Back
    * Kenpo X
    * X Stretch
    * Core Synergistics
    * Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
    * Back & Biceps
    * Cardio X
    * Ab Ripper X

Tools to keep you motivated

* P90X Calendar
    * FREE Online Support Tools
  • jrs_lovely1
    jrs_lovely1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I am sticking to the P90X program I know I will get my result! BRING IT!!!!