Just started insanity this morning

Options
Going to do my best to keep it up, have to get up at 6am to get it done before I need to leave for work.

I did the first proper workout on Friday as a taster, so I know what I'm in for, but doing it just after getting up seems a lot harder.

I'm doing it on an empty stomach too, as I can't face getting up early enough to have breakfast and then allow digestion time.

Anyone else starting Insanity, especially if you are doing it first thing in the morning?

I'm a bit worried about the level of jumping so I may get a mat to put down, also we have wooden floors and I found myself slipping in my own sweat.

Replies

• talmer
    talmer Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week of Insanity and I also do it early in the morning. 5am. It takes me the entire warm up to get energized, but after that is complete I feel so much better and can make it through the rest of the workout. My stomach is growling like mad when I'm done. I would definately have a towel handy for the sweat - it just pours off of you, especially when you are doing the pushups, etc. good luck- I love this workout. This is my 2nd time doing it. The first time I didn't make it past a week - i quit because it was too hard. This time I'm sticking to it and I'm on my 3rd week! I'm addicted. Good Luck!
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support,

I don't have that much weight to lose, but I really want to get rid of my stubborn belly, and hopefully get a bit more definition.

I've been doing a reasonable amount of exercise this year (running, squash, cycling and some cardio aerobics) so it's not killing me as much as I feared it may, but I still feel battered after doing it.

Once I get into a routine of doing it, I'm hoping I'll fully get into it.
  • slowpoke269
    slowpoke269 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting Insanity. I haven't started it Yet. I'm doing P90X now just started week 4. After I'm done I'm planning on doing Insanity. Good luck on your journey.
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    Good luck!! I started the second week of Insanity with my boyfriend this morning. Grueling, but AWESOME workout. I feel completely re-energized after only a week!
  • PDiddy0913
    Options
    I JUST started Insanity this morning as well with the Fit Test. I do it a 5 AM and this is my first time doing it. I felt like I was going to throw up and was drenched in sweat. Trying to prove to myself that I can do this but SHEESH! It's like the hardest thing I've EVER done! Let's see what Day 2 brings. Looks like I'm going to need all the encouragement and support I can get!!!
  • lynniewoz
    lynniewoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity this weekend, but I do it in the evenings. It's hard...I'm 100 pounds overweight but I've had personal trainers and have spent months in the gym so my stamina is there. I was not able to do some of the workouts from the first day due to my environment...had to go in my kitchen, very slippery. Going to take over the garage this week though, so it should be easier. Since I wasn't able to finish the first disc I went for a bike ride afterward to keep the heart rate up and keep the calories ticking. The way I look at it, anything is better than what I was doing before. And as I progress through the discs I'll feel a lot better and will be able to keep going longer, maybe even finish a workout! Good luck.
  • KNarrainen
    Options
    I did day 2 as a taster on Friday, and boy is it a lot tougher than the fit test.
    In fact the Fit Test is a walk in the park compared to day 2, I imagine it gets even tougher after that.
    But just think about the results
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Just started day one of week two yesterday. I can already see improvements in my cardio. Things that normally make me out of breath and tired suddenly dont anymore, and that was just after a week. I have yet to notice a difference in my body( i know i wont after just a week) but i have gained a couple pounds so idk. I am assuming that is muscle mass. I love this workout. The first three days or so were really hard. I felt like i could lay down in the floor and die. But after last nights workout i felt better, it took less time to cool down and i felt in over all better cardio shape. I plan to do month one again next month instead of month two to help better build my cardio and actually accomplish all the exercises in each workout and then start the month two dvds. A week ago icouldnt do one push up and now I can do five!!! WOW! Keep with it the program is awesome. :wink:
  • KNarrainen
    Options
    I've just accepted your friend request, I agree I think it will be great to have the support of people who are doing the same thing.
    Keep up the good work, We can do this.
  • Mark_maxwell
    Options
    I just finished day two of week one. Not going to lie, it was pretty tough but I cam already tell my competitiveness is kicking in. I'm pumped to see what else is coming.