Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism

Options
what are your views on this one .I am currently doing 30 day shred and would like another for when I finish this one .It wopuld be great so hear whatpeople thoguth off it ,results etc .

Replies

• Moeblessings
    Options
    I have this one. I thought it was ok. Currently, I go on the treadmill for my cardio and do some strength training afterwards. I think the banish fat DVD is a great alternative and substitute for cardio exercises. I prefer her no more trouble zones when I want to target specific zones. Banish fat does allow you to get moving and get your heart rate up. I literally just started this one last week so I don't know how it's affecting my body just yet.
  • Alison2402
    Options
    It's TOUGH but you feel so accomplished at the end. I've only been able to do it a few times though.
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    It's a pretty intense cardio workout, but I love it. I've heard of people alternating between BFBM and No More Trouble Zones. That way you get one day of cardio followed by one day of strength. Or you could do a couple of circuits of each on the same day for a combo of card and strength. BFBM is awesome on it's own, however and I do recommend it.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    would this be a good one toalternate with 30ds once the 30 days are over
  • tesskb328
    tesskb328 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried it once just to see what it was about and I was kind of surprised how hard it was. I've literally tried almost every Jillian DVD and this one was probably up in my top 5. I seriously didn't expect it to be as hard as it was going to be and I want to try it again, its more intense than 30DS in my opinion but Level 2 of that isn't a joke either.
  • rasptorte
    rasptorte Posts: 29
    Options
    I don't see why not. I am actually doing 30 Day Shred now, and use BFBM once a week. I'm looking forward to finishing 30 DS, so I have more time for BFBM. Maybe I'll try alternating them as well, and just keep increasing the weight I use, as 30 DS becomes easier. Thanks for the idea. :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I like it, it's a great cardio workout and you burn lots of calories, however I would recommend still doing 30 Day Shred sometimes or at least continuing to pick up those weights, do pushups, etc, in addition to BFBM, or purchase the companion 'No More Trouble Zones' dvd - that one is mainly resistance/weights so it pairs well with BFBM if you want to alternate on different days. I saw a huge change in my body the month that I did 30 day shred (in terms of inches off my body), but for the month to month-and-a-half where I did mostly BFBM, yes I still lost weight at about the same rate but I did NOT see nearly the same results in inches off my body. I love the BFBM workout but if you've been working with weights already, don't give them up completely, find a way to still incorporate it into your weekly routine.

Also I have been doing Ripped in 30 for the last month, I feel like it's a more natural 'progression' from 30 Day Shred. The setup is similar (warm-up, 3 circuits of 3 minutes strength, 2 min cardio, 1 minute abs, cool-down) however a lot of the moves are tougher than what you did in 30 Day Shred. I've really been enjoying it, definitely recommend it to anyone who's completed the Shred and is looking for a new challenge. :-)
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Its long! But man was i dying! I did it once last week, cause i had just bought it! Looking forward to doing it again this week! Id say any of her workouts are good to use after 30ds.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time yesterday, and it was so hard. I was drenched in sweat. I def recommend it.
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    thank you everyone .I would like to continue with weights as I have just bought some so want to get my use out off them lol might just buy them both so ihave them all then cant go wrong can I
    now I have seen six week six pack as well wondeing if to get all three then ihave them .IOf I knew how much I was gonna like it could have saved money and got all 4 for 14.99 grrr
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Banish fat doesnt use weights. All cardio! It is a great workout out. No More Trouble Zones is great as well. It's strength training and it has 7 circuits that targets different body parts. 6 week 6 pack is pretty tough. It has a lot of cardio in it and it does use weights in some of the exercises. She has others too. Shed and Shred, I have it but have not done it yet, Killer Buns and thighs, I ordered it yesterday, and Kickbox Fast Fix. I have it and like it a lot. It's my favorite because I love kickboxing style workouts. She also has a very good yoga dvd called Yoga Meltdown, its pretty good.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    I just got the 6 week six pack and I can't wait to try it tonight! NO MERCY!!! ugh they need to have a smiley with muscles! :laugh:
  • mummytobeslim
    Options
    thank you so much :)
  • kellabella83
    Options
    I just finished doing the BFBM video a few minutes ago and I was dying!! lol. I just started doing the 30 day shred a few days ago, still on Level 1. But I wanted to try that one too. I liked it and I really felt like i gave it my all. There was one move I just couldn't do, the one when you lay flat on your stomach and lift up. Ya right! I tried, maybe next time. There were a few times I thought my body was just going to give out on me but I kept pushing through it. I still want to continue doing the 30 day shred. Maybe I'll try level 2 tomorrow.

I've been doing mainly Zumba everyday for cardio for the past month and strength training every other day. I thought that I sweat a lot during Zumba, ha! BFBM totally topped it. I still love Zumba though but now that I see how much harder I worked out today, I know I cant just rely on Zumba to loose weight.

I would love to know how many calories I just burned in those 45 minutes. Does anyone know how many calories they burned doing it? So I can at least get an idea.
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    burned calories for Zumba or Jillian's dvd's? I do Zumba sometimes too and they have a zumba calculator online where you input the time and it calculates the calories for you. I think you just google zumba calculator. For Jillian I usually put it under circuit training.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love it.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    what are your views on this one .I am currently doing 30 day shred and would like another for when I finish this one .It wopuld be great so hear whatpeople thoguth off it ,results etc .

It's great - not as tough as Extreme Shed & Shred, though. That one leaves me dry-heaving at the end!

BFBM isn't a 30-day program, though - it's just one DVD. Not sure if that makes any difference. I'm starting Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution soon - that's a 90-day fitness and nutrition program (similar to p90x), where you advance from week-to-week and do different workouts on different days. Really looking forward to it!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing the BFBM video a few minutes ago and I was dying!! lol. I just started doing the 30 day shred a few days ago, still on Level 1. But I wanted to try that one too. I liked it and I really felt like i gave it my all. There was one move I just couldn't do, the one when you lay flat on your stomach and lift up. Ya right! I tried, maybe next time. There were a few times I thought my body was just going to give out on me but I kept pushing through it. I still want to continue doing the 30 day shred. Maybe I'll try level 2 tomorrow.

I've been doing mainly Zumba everyday for cardio for the past month and strength training every other day. I thought that I sweat a lot during Zumba, ha! BFBM totally topped it. I still love Zumba though but now that I see how much harder I worked out today, I know I cant just rely on Zumba to loose weight.

I would love to know how many calories I just burned in those 45 minutes. Does anyone know how many calories they burned doing it? So I can at least get an idea.

With my hrm, and im 155 5'4" i burned 390! From warm up to cool down and everything inbetween! :)
  • sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just done BFBM for the first time this evening.............great workout & sweated tons!!!!!!!! :)
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i will be starting it tonight. i have done almost all of her other ones - not the kettlebells or the extreme shed though. all the others of hers i have done. so i was thinking this would be good because even though it's cardio i want to blast off the last stubborn fat before summer and hopefully get near goal shape