How do you feel about dessert/sugar every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't eat desserts as such, but I do like some sort of sugar! Maybe a biscuit or a few squares of dark chocolate. I've made myself very particular about what I will eat when it comes to treats. I love chocolate so if it's not chocolate I can more easily refuse - why would I waste calories on something just because it's there! I also eat a lot of clementines/satsumas because they are really sweet, so that helps get rid of any cravings :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I_Approve_OC_by_ME_quotCavemanquot-s360x294-263862-475.jpg
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have this very same struggle. So I have tried to have decent sweets. I'm a big fan of the Who-nu chocolate cream cookies. The weight watchers and other desserts are good too.

I tried to go without sweets and totally lost my composure and down a 900 calorie Steak and Shake milkshake this weekend. Not good.

If you deprive yourself... you will make yourself go nuts. (At least I did.)

I agree with many of the above posts. Log your calories, workout when you can.

Good Luck.
  • kimiec
    kimiec Posts: 62
    Options
    Keep the desserts as long as as they are within you calories then for sure keep them. I don't beleive in taking anything out of your diet as long as you aren't sitting there eating carton if ice cream and then wondering why your not losing weight. I have a sweet tooth and it's not going away no matter what anyone says about if you stay away you at some point won't want it. Ya right are they living in a dream world I love chocolate but whatever I have I keep it in my calorie range. So go ahead and enjoy your dessert.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have ice cream or something sweet every day, usually after lunch and after dinner. I made sure that it fit into my cals for the day and enjoy it.

In my own personal opinion, I don't think sugar effects your weight loss if consumed in moderation and with you staying in your cal goals for the day.

To date I have lost 19 lbs, and I have never once watched my sugar intake, with that though, do what you think will work best for you.
  • rgbrice1
    rgbrice1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You may want to try to have a chocolate whey protein shake. It's about 20g of protein per scoop on average. This will have the same desired effect though you will not have the same rich flavor of the chocolate depending on how much water you use.

Are you eating 5 or 6 small meals (smaller than your fist) a day? This will also help to curb your hunger and desire for a "snack".

During my first stretch with P90X I lost 20lbs, its all I needed to lose, but I had to learn to STOP the evening snacking. A chocolate whey protein shake and baby carrots were my fix for a long time.

Also, try different sweet like "Sweettarts"