Down With The De-Motivators!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You are dong the right thing - setting yourself small targets (be sure to share them with your MFP friends so we can celebrate with you)

Sometimes people who care about us dont want us to try things that they think we may fail so they can protect us from hurt (hope that makes sense)

Diet for your own reasons

Once the people who care about you start to see your progress (which may take a while) i am sure they will start to be pleased for you (if not you will be past the point where you need their support anyway)

Have fun and enjoy the changes you are making

Diane
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I let my rage consume me and turn it into motivation to burn more fat and keep going. Also it comes in handy to post on message boards and become snarky.
    Pretty much like what a dark lord of the sith must do, but like if he was Richard Simmons.

This, only not Richard Simmons. More like Julia Child, but if she was a fitness enthusiast and alive.

I bet Dr. Ruth could've given us some good advice about...um...motivation.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Negativity happens, the key is to push through it. Crazy enough from going on day 205 of this journey I've realized the biggest negativity comes usually from yourself. You just have to dig deep and push through it. Others can be negative but honestly this is your journey and you can just pass them by. The hard negativity is from yourself when you hit plateau's and etc. Just keep pushing through and know that this isn't a quick race, so if something isn't going as planned as long as you trying to keep on the path that everything will be fine. Keep it up!

I agree with this totally! Shake it off. I used to let my family get me down, but I just put my head in MFP and soaked in all the good vibes. You can do it! Get happy!