any twins out there in MFP? identical or fraternal?

Options
Lula16
Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
I'm a twin! to a girl, we are identical. The question everyone always asks us is "do you feel each other" and the answer is YES we do! We especially feel each other when we are far distant from each other. mostly when one of us is out of town. my mom noticed it when we were little. If one was sick and in the hospital, the other one felt depressed and sad. We did not notice it growing up until we got older. maybe around our early twenties is when we started noticing more. For example, if im up running around nonstop she feels tired and vice versa. I really think twins are so unique. As much as we are so alike, we can be so different too. Growing up my mom always dressed us alike. As we got older, i tried so hard to be different. Its hard growing up and always being compared to one another. I love my twin, she's my best friend. And we are so much closer than with my other two sisters.

I'm curious to hear about twins here on MFP or if you have twins of your own :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    Hi I have identical twin girls - they are 5 yrs old (will be 6 in may). They look alike but only really like sisters as one had a growth problem and so was so mmuch smaller when born, (2lb 10oz compared to her sister who was 4lb 3oz).
    I try not to dress them in the same clothes although they do have matching outfits they generally chose what they want to wear themselves.
    i tend to buy them similar rather than identical gifts and clothes etc..

I also have sisters who are twins, they are non-identical , they lived over 300 miles apart at one point and when one twin went into labour the other was rushed to hospital with unexplained pains -- she didnt know the other was in labour.

My daughters had their own little language and often still say "words" that mean absolutely nothing to me but the other knows exactly what they mean.
    They have bunk beds but prefer to sleep in the same one and even if i seperate them they will be back in one bed by morning.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I have a twin sister. We're fraternal in every way. She's 6 inches taller and blonde. I'm Type A, perfectionist, overachiever, a bit of an introvert. She's very Type B ... right-brained, creative, very outgoing. If you put us together, you'd almost have a normal person.
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother of twins, one boy one girl and they are so different. They are only two but already they take care of each other, sharing toys, food and hugs and kisses when one is upset. They also fight and take each other's toys, but I try to focus on the good times. :o)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the language thing! also, i found out my twin was pregnant before she knew. I felt all her symptons with both of her pregnancies.
  • kericson
    kericson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have an identical twin. She's the best thing ever and totally my best friend. When we were little we had the same thing goin' on when we were sick-my mom says that after awhile if she got a call to pick one of us up from school she just sat and waited for the other to show up because it happened every time. We both feel like lost souls if the other is too far away for too long lol. :-)
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a fraternal twin sister! We're quite similar personality wise and speak the same way (my friend gave her a lift one day and said he kept thinking I was in the car because our voices are the same). When we were little we apparently had our own language that no one else understood. We are the same height but she a lot thinner than I am, she always has been. Growing up our best friends were another set of (identical) twins and our first crushes were on a set of twins.

I get asked a lot 'is it weird being a twin?'
    My answer is always 'I've never known anything else,being a twin is just normal to me'