So you stay under your calories, but. . .

Options
2»

Replies

• LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

Don't adopt a lecturing tone to tell me what I should be doing. If you've found something that works for you, feel free to share your experience. But don't assume that your path is the one everyone should follow.

Have a happy and healthy day!

I stand behind this 100% not everyone can follow the same diet....
  • Llstemmer
    Llstemmer Posts: 10
    Options
    Well said!!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

Don't adopt a lecturing tone to tell me what I should be doing. If you've found something that works for you, feel free to share your experience. But don't assume that your path is the one everyone should follow.

I agree!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    ever stopped to think that maybe the people that do 2 meals are doing it on purpose? i don't eat breakfast and you nor anyone else is going to convince me i need to. its call intermitten fasting. its the way i normally eat and i'm not going to eat just because its "time" to eat. that is such bullsh!t. just because you have lost a little bit of weight does NOT make you an expert nor give you the right to try to tell people how to eat or when to eat. if you are honestly that bored go workout or find something productive to do instead of demanding that people listen to you on how to lose weight.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    timing of food is irrelevant, you can eat as little as once a day, or 8 times/day and it will make very little difference in weight loss. what matters is total caloric intake and hitting your macros (carbs, fat, protein) and micros (vitamins and minerals). If you can fit unclean food and still hit all the above, it will not affect your weight loss whatsoever.
  • bwalters82
    Options
    Well said!!

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . .

I don't even know what to say.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

oh look, you DID know what to say!

OP - 5-6 small meals is fantastic for some people and sucks for other people and has NOTHING to do with how healthy you are.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Dear People of MFP,

This. Have a great day!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I get what you're trying to say.............BUT what works for some people won't work for others. When you have an M.D. after your name you can tell YOUR PATIENTS what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat it! If you don't like what others are doing and have nothing good to say, don't say anything. You're only going to get backlash for your "help" Not to mention your tone was condescending!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    How are grilled cheeses and pb and j sandwiches not real food? I love those and will be eating some for the rest of my life, not every day of course.

I'm not a breakfast person so why would I waste 200+ calories on breakfast when I can just have something light and save the test for when I have to eat with my boyfriend for dinner? Makes no sense to me!! Glad you found something that works for you though. We are all here to do things our own way.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to eat like a baby? Should I have an exclusively breast milk diet too?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . . basically, you should be on the same eating schedule as a baby. Think about it. . . a baby has an uncorrupted schedule of eating. . . it's only because we force them to wait longer between meals out of convenience that this changes.
    lulz. Babies eat every 2-3 hours because their stomach is the size of a walnut. An adult stomach is the size of a grapefruit.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Bump. This should be a good thread :bigsmile:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    My bad.....I forgot this website was about losing weight, not necessarily being healthy.

How incredibly snotty.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Dear people of MFP,

While it's great that you are staying under your calorie limit, doing so by having two meals that are 700 calories a piece is really doing yourself a disservice!!!! EAT MORE OFTEN! And EAT REAL FOOD! While you might be able to get away with losing weight at first on grilled cheese and PBJ sandwiches, you're going to have to eat real food someday. Take a couple of hours on the weekend and dedicate it to cooking your meals for the week. It really doesn't take that long if you're smart about it. Eat real breakfast! Cereal is not going to hold you very long, and having one egg or one banana is not helping your body either. Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day (and I'm not talking about an Egg McMuffin either). You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day . . . basically, you should be on the same eating schedule as a baby. Think about it. . . a baby has an uncorrupted schedule of eating. . . it's only because we force them to wait longer between meals out of convenience that this changes. And let's face it . . . being healthy is not exactly convenient, but that's also why it's worth it. :)

Have a happy and healthy day! And eat the food God created. . not the food man created. :)

LOL! Please tell me you are trollin'?!
    If not, what makes you think you have the right to tell people what to eat & when to eat?
    I eat whatever the heck I want & I lose weight, I don't need to "eat the food God created & not the food man created" AKA be a vegetarian, to lose weight! I also don't need to eat 5-6 times a day, for some people that's not even possible!
    Just let people fuel THEIR bodies, with what THEY want & stick to fueling YOUR body how YOU want!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    5-6 meals a day? thats old news. all the new science says you should have 76 even smaller meals a day.
  • Hgreenwall
    Options
    HAHAHA
    Popcorn in hand!! This is great!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Bump. This should be a good thread :bigsmile:

Lol!! Grab the popcorn
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    erm, perhaops another thread that is written to make an already self conscious person feel worse about themselves, so they do the one things that they always do, and comfort eat through feeling bad and guilty......
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I'm locking this. These topics never go down well and its obvious where its heading from the replies so far.

What works for one person will never work for all. Its great that what you are doing is working for you, keep doing it, if it stops working re-evaluate.

CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.