What happens when you DON'T drink your water.

Options
I do not know WHAT I was doing yesterday that I did not get this covered.
Everyday, I have a gallon pitcher here at work that I fill (Not all of the way full, a little over 1/2.) with my water for the 8 hours that I am here. Everyday, I know that when it is empty that I have had my water for the day.
Well for some reason, yesterday at work I had MAYBE 4 glasses of water.
I did not notice too much of a differance right away.
At home I did not drink any water, Again, I have NO idea why.Again, Nothing noticeable.
But when I went to bed, all of the sudden my sides started to hurt.
Just a little at first and then BANG, full blown ouchy hurt. It felt like there was a rock inside my tummy.
I could not sleep and spent the rest of the night tossing and turning.
When I woke up I drank my glass of water, and all of the sudden I felt a little better.
After my 3rd glass of water I was back to normal.
So PLEASE drink your water! Do it everyday, and do not stop. You need that 8 cups.
:smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
--Diann...

Replies

• diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do not know WHAT I was doing yesterday that I did not get this covered.
    Everyday, I have a gallon pitcher here at work that I fill (Not all of the way full, a little over 1/2.) with my water for the 8 hours that I am here. Everyday, I know that when it is empty that I have had my water for the day.
    Well for some reason, yesterday at work I had MAYBE 4 glasses of water.
    I did not notice too much of a differance right away.
    At home I did not drink any water, Again, I have NO idea why.Again, Nothing noticeable.
    But when I went to bed, all of the sudden my sides started to hurt.
    Just a little at first and then BANG, full blown ouchy hurt. It felt like there was a rock inside my tummy.
    I could not sleep and spent the rest of the night tossing and turning.
    When I woke up I drank my glass of water, and all of the sudden I felt a little better.
    After my 3rd glass of water I was back to normal.
    So PLEASE drink your water! Do it everyday, and do not stop. You need that 8 cups.
    :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    --Diann...
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I feel sluggish and my skin feels dried out when I don't get enough water. I feel tired and icky.

Definitely, DRINK UP!!! :drinker:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I get horrible "hang over" headaches when I don't drink enough water, not to mention the annoying dry mouth in the middle of the night and then you drink a bunch of water and spend the rest of the night getting up to go to the bathroom.....grrrr

It's just easier to do it when we are supposed to. I keep a 24 ounce water bottle and I know I should drink 5 a day so I just do a tally on the bottle through out the day so I know how much I have had.
  • twink3110
    Options
    A nutritionist gave me a paper on this that says:

The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity some of their load is dumped on the liver. The livers primary function is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy. So if the liver is doing the kidneys work it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops. Water also helps rid the body of waste and helps maintain proper muscle tone. So with the body getting enough water:

Endocrine-gland function improves

Fluid retention is alleviated(your body doesn't feel the need to hold onto water because its getting plenty)

More fat is used as fuel

There is a loss of hunger as water is a natural appetite supressent So, Drink, Drink, Drink!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Here Here to every extra post.
    And to those that are reading this now, These are only a few of the things that you can have.
    So as twink said.
    DRINK DRINK DRINK!!!!
    :drinker: :drinker:
    --Diann...
    Oh btw, with out going into detail TOO much, When I went to the restroom later. I felt ever Better.
    Again, I do not know WHAT made me not drink enough water yesterday, But you can bet your buttons THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!:blushing:
    --Diann...
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    Thanks!! this has been helpful! I've been wondering why I've been so sluggish the past few days. I'm so tired and unmotivated and burned out by lunch time!! but I just realized that I've only been drinking maybe 4 cups of water a day....!!!!! now I'm really going to make the effort to dring at least 8 cups a day!!! I definitely need my energy back!! maybe that's why I'm not sleeping so good at night anymore....

~Pam
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Just got myself an ice cold glass! :laugh: Mmmmm.....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've scaled back on caffeine, weaning myself down to one in the a.m. (compared to. . .well, let's just say way too much all day long)

I now find that when I hit that afternoon slump, water perks me up more than coffee used to. Hard to believe, but true.

And yes, when I forget to drink. . . I suffer similar pangs.:drinker: