Web sites that give you stats....

Options
carriem73
carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
I just posted about this on someone else's thread, and I thought it might be in interesting topic all on it's own-

I'm always interested to see what web sites give you for body fat % etc- So I went to a site suggested in another thread and put in my measurements, and it told me my body fat % is 35.7- HOWEVER, I track my body fat % at the gym with my trainer using one of those electric meters/monitors, and my true body fat % is 25.3 at the moment- I was shocked to see how "off" these web sites can be- 10% is a HUGE discrepancy, right?

Has anyone else noticed this????

Does the "one size fits all" mentality of these sites scare anyone else??

Replies

• redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just posted about this on someone else's thread, and I thought it might be in interesting topic all on it's own-

I'm always interested to see what web sites give you for body fat % etc- So I went to a site suggested in another thread and put in my measurements, and it told me my body fat % is 35.7- HOWEVER, I track my body fat % at the gym with my trainer using one of those electric meters/monitors, and my true body fat % is 25.3 at the moment- I was shocked to see how "off" these web sites can be- 10% is a HUGE discrepancy, right?

Has anyone else noticed this????

Does the "one size fits all" mentality of these sites scare anyone else??

Just met with the trainer at the gym on Saturday and had my body fat percentage calculated ... YIKES !! He also suggested an increase in calories including my protein.
    Love this forum !! Love that everyone is here for the same goal ... health !!
    Thanks for this information !!