Sugar in fruit

Options
2»

Replies

• Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I dont eat sweets or chocolate, but I do go over on sugar, as I love lashings of honey on my nut bread.........................xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also I went over 210 cals today and am happy about it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When I ran a half yesterday, I took my honey with me :drinker: shoved it down my top when running.. LOL........... Better than lucozade ...................xxxxxxxxx

Also I get my carbs from my veg xxxxxxxx

Low fruits are berries, blue berries are the lowest, freeze these then they taste better and last longer... Add a couple of slices of frozen banana too.............. xxxxxxxxxx :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm alway over on sugar because I try to eat a lot of fruit. It's alway been my understanding that sugar from fresh fruits don't harm the body, it's not the same as sugar from sweets/chocolates.
  • nero82
    nero82 Posts: 27
    Options
    It's not yet a quarter past nine in the morning... I've had an apple, two slices of dried mango and my morning coffee and im over on sugar. Methinks I will stop worrying about sugar intake...
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it can harm the body if you eat too much of it, like any other food. Most nutritionists would not tell you to eat *unlimited* fruit. For folks who are Type 2 diabetic or insulin resistant, it is important to choose lower sugar fruit and/or restrict the quantity that you eat every day.

And I have known many people who eat a lot of fruit and are fat. the key phrase there is "a lot". :)
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    That is like every fruit on the planet! which ones are the "higher-sugar"?

Also from Livestrong.com, some high sugar fruits are:

nectarines
    mangoes
    jackfruit
    peaches
    cantaloupe,
    apricots
    bananas

Also, note that dried fruits are *extremely* high in sugar.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/293125-sucrose-levels-in-fruit/#ixzz1owbEh3uH
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! Only thing is its so useful to be able to keep some apples in my bag as we have no fridge at work! Unfortunately it leaves me eating around 4 apples a day! I've been losing so far so I'm going to worry about it if I plateau.
  • cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here is my question. I am new to really paying attention to nutrition, but is it possible to get the recomended 29 grams of sugar and 199 grams of carbs??? I always stay way under on my carbs but tend to go over on the sugars. Is it possible to eat only 29 grams of sugar and eat that many carbs???