I'm not a nurse but...

I'm not a nurse, but I'm also not Sedentary! I work an office job where I walk several fights of stairs daily, and do as much walking as possible.

Also: I work 3-6 hours a week at a part-time job where I'm on my feet the entire time walking around and helping customers.

What do I do? Do I label myself as "Sedentary", and enter that 3-6 hours as exercise every week? Or do I label myself as a "Nurse"? (I would be hard-pressed to put my daily activity as "Nurse" status.)

I've been on MFP for a while now and just transferred jobs, so I'm curious to see if others have this problem!

Replies

• charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    I've been struggling with this too. I was told that since I'm no rookie when it comes to fitness and exercise - so I burn maybe a little more during the day than someone who is just starting out.

I tried to put my level as highly active and count my exercise calories - but that didn't work for me, it gave me way too many and I gained. I am back down to lightly active (I work sales, a lot of sitting and driving) and count my exercise calories. Not sure how it's working because I just changed it.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Hmmm...I am a nurse practitioner, but when I was a beside nurse it didn't matter how much I ran around. I still gained weight. I would set it as sedentary and go from there.