Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Aftermath of a birthday HELP

Ok my Daughter turned 15 yesturday and I had a party at my house with cup cakes and been dip, pizza and so on. I ate it yesturday I figured I was doing so well one day wouldnt hurt :(
But TODAY another story I brought the stuff to work so people here would eat it and today alot of people are out SOOO its just sitting here in the office calling my name I already fall off the wagon and had a cup cake and 2 chips wiith tacoi bean dip.
If i let myselp I would all the dip. Where oh where did my will power go.

I'm going crazy over this junk food!!!!

I cant eat the rest of the day at this point I really need to get back on track I have alot riding on losing weight.
any suggestions how to stop my mind or stomach from winning?

Replies

• jellybean482004
    jellybean482004 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm in a similar boat, cept it was my birthday. I had been doing so well and got on the scale this am, and up 4 lbs. Went out for supper with my girlfriend on Thursday evening ,my kids took me out for breakfast Friday morning, my sister for lunch on saturday, and then my husband brought home chinese food that night for supper . And birthday cake to top it off. I'm feeling soo "icky" right now, feel like i shouldn't eat for a week !

Need help to get back on track. I'm hoping a day or two that my doby will return to where it was . I'm feel like im retaining so much extra fluid desite the fact i did get my excercise in and only missed 2 days this week.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    Throw it away. Seriously. If there aren't others there eating it then get rid of it so you dont eat it. Will only take 1 sec of willpower for you.....Once it's in the trash you won't want it anymore. 1day (or 1 weekend) is not going to ruin your efforts. Just get back on track...
  • HMFooden
    HMFooden Posts: 14
    Ok my Daughter turned 15 yesturday and I had a party at my house with cup cakes and been dip, pizza and so on. I ate it yesturday I figured I was doing so well one day wouldnt hurt :(
    But TODAY another story I brought the stuff to work so people here would eat it and today alot of people are out SOOO its just sitting here in the office calling my name I already fall off the wagon and had a cup cake and 2 chips wiith tacoi bean dip.
    If i let myselp I would all the dip. Where oh where did my will power go.

I'm going crazy over this junk food!!!!

I cant eat the rest of the day at this point I really need to get back on track I have alot riding on losing weight.
    any suggestions how to stop my mind or stomach from winning?

if it were me i would just throw it into the garbage. my coworkers brought in some peruvian food today i tooke a small bite of each thing and threw the rest of my portion into the garbage so that i wouldn't eat anymore.... yes you're wasting food, but i have to do whats best for me
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    It's tough times like this that you just have to do what's best for you. I know it's hard to throw away food because that's like throwing away money but what is better for you? When I'm in situations like this one I try to think of how well I'll feel when I don't eat that and I keep busy or drink water or crystal light or some other drink. I try to avoid pop! Keep going and work harder this week on your workouts and you should be fine!
  • I totally understand. I went to a baby shower yesterday and food, food, food!! I didn't eat even though I wanted to. I have a couple of things that I do.

1. I remove myself from the food - I left the shower as soon as I could.
    2. I will leave it just to see how long it takes for someone else to eat it! Husband or kids!!
    3. Throw it completely away.
    4. Take a bite, chew and then spit it out. I know it sounds gross but you don't have to tell everyone what you did. It is only one bite to get the taste!! And say to yourself I know what it taste like so why bother. , and I know what it will do to me.
    Hope this helps..........
  • Thanks
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    It's okay to throw it away. You will feel better.
  • ellyfilho
    ellyfilho Posts: 13 Member
    I agree Trash it . If you leave it there you will eat it.

I went out last week with just the girls and I over ate and was so upset next day LOL so I understand
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    and don't tell yourself you won't eat the rest of the day...that will be SOOO hard and most likely you will eat something later, and you don't need to make yourself feel worse by saying no dinner and then eating dinner...so just tell youself you will eat a smallish healthy dinner...and then do that! and then tell yourself you'll have a normal day tomorrow....and then do that!

you'll be okay. a bad few days won't do damage...as long as you get back on it now and don't dwell on the "mistakes". because, realistically, we're all going to have days when we eat more than we hoped. it's what we do AFTER these days that really matters. these sort of days WILL happen, but they will be occasional...that's just real life. to say we'll never do that is insane. they are occasional and don't mean everything is screwed up.
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    We all backslide from time to time, it's okay...you're human! Just make sure your next meal is a sensible one!
  • I would agree....THROW IT OUT!!! Toooooo tempting!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Agree if it's bothering you that much then get rid of it. You'll learn to resist the temptations after a while too as you find you want your weight loss more and more. I don't bat an eyelid at the office treats anymore. x