SPLURGE DAY ODDITY

Options
dme1977
dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
THIS IS MORE OF A WOMANS TOPIC..... ( sorry guys)

ok, yesturday was my SPLURGE DAY... I ate about 500 cal more than I do on my normal day (the lasagna was worth EVERY bite)
but then today it seems it has brought on my T>O>M,
BUT
I just HAD my T>O>M for 5 days last week.....

I DONT USUALLY POST SUCH PERSONAL STUFF BUT I FOUND THIS TO BE SO WEIRD I HAD TO FIND OUT IF IT WAS
JUST ME .....

any one else had anything weird like this happen to them ???!!!!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am guessing it has absolutely nothing to do with the food. You can start a new period or spotting from strenuous exercise though...any thoughts on that idea?
  • dme1977
    Options
    it just caught me so off guard... Ive NEVER had it a WEEK apart...
    . Im not doing any exercise that i dont NORMALLY do.....
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd hesitate to say correlation is causation in this situation. sometimes our cycles do whatever the hell they want. I don't think it has anything to do with you eating extra yesterday!
  • dme1977
    Options
    Ill be 35 in a week maybe my body is soooo happy that it decided to throw me a mother nature party :laugh: :laugh:
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask how old you are - spotting is normal in perimenopause. But I wouldn't think that's the cause at 34/35! Maybe if you were 10 years older...otherwise I would guess it's some sort of random cycle oddity. Did you do any exercise that was more strenuous than usual? Kind of a personal question - but is there any chance you could be pregnant? Some women have bleeding episodes during early pregnancy that could be mistaken as a period...not typical, but it happens.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Um yeah not the food.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Post 35 I get some crazy things happening. Not always, but random. And now that I'm 40+ and 2 kids in my late 30's it is really playing tricks! LOL I would say just roll with it unless it keeps happening.
  • xcrunnergirl13
    xcrunnergirl13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe the reason you were hungry for the extra 500 calories was BECAUSE you were about to start your period again. Maybe the food didn't cause TOM but TOM could have given you the apetite for more food.
  • JinkySue1
    JinkySue1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This use to happen to me all the time when I was heavier....usually after eating normal for a while and then starting a really strict diet...so much so that I had to take birth control to keep it on track...now that I am maintaining a healthy weight it hasn't happened....it happens to My daughter too but She is 24 and 375 lbs..:(...so not sure if It's the heavier thing or not...but I think when it happened to me My body was so out of wack the drastic changes effected My TOM...
  • dme1977
    Options
    Ive had a tubal ligation , so im DEFF NOT PREGGO!!!

.. im hoping its just a fluke body cycle...

when I was in my teens I was skinny, so much so that I didnt have a TOM until I gained some weight.... then when i got it I also got preg w/ my oldest child ( now 15) ... then again the following year (hes 14)

then part way through my 20s I got to be about 105-110 and my TOM went away again.. I was actually pretty ecstatic... it stayed that way until i put on a few pounds, that brought TOM back on , hence child number #3 ( who is now 3)

now Im pretty regular but I have NEVER had it come back on after only 1 week of it being off.....
    its just so weird I JUST FINISHED my TOM a week ago and now its back.!!!???!!!
  • dme1977
    Options
    This use to happen to me all the time when I was heavier....usually after eating normal for a while and then starting a really strict diet...so much so that I had to take birth control to keep it on track...now that I am maintaining a healthy weight it hasn't happened....it happens to My daughter too but She is 24 and 375 lbs..:(...so not sure if It's the heavier thing or not...but I think when it happened to me My body was so out of wack the drastic changes effected My TOM...

do you think the change in my cals could affect me that much??? I only splurge over my cal limit every 2 weeks or so and im pretty regular about my limits the rest of the time....

wow, thats the most POWERFUL lasagna I have EVER eaten :laugh: :laugh:
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Did it go away yet? Mine is pretty regular since having had kids (was all over the place before them, PCOS), but every so often, I think it's over and then get a resurgence after a day or so of not much happening. Then it finally goes away.
  • dme1977
    Options
    um, still just a lil bit goin on...
    will have to re-evaluate how much extra cals i use to splurge... i honestly think I sent my body into shock....