its that time again

Options
yep summers almost here... that means finals are too :sad:
anyone in college trying to lose weight knows about the late night crunch and munch sessions and who can forget the celebrations that proceed after finals?! any advice or tips to avoid those frappuccinos in the mornings, beers at night or the all over cravings for summertime sweets? thanks for your help!

Replies

• mkatzb3
    mkatzb3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    yep summers almost here... that means finals are too :sad:
    anyone in college trying to lose weight knows about the late night crunch and munch sessions and who can forget the celebrations that proceed after finals?! any advice or tips to avoid those frappuccinos in the mornings, beers at night or the all over cravings for summertime sweets? thanks for your help!
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    I can relate, I'm studying for my final exams at university at the minute. I've found planning my meals in advance and leaving allowances for a few snacks is a good way. I usually have raisins, almonds or kiwis to keep me going. I've also found that eating healthier has meant that I can study better, and the exercise helps clear my head so I don't get too stressed! ... and as for the celebrations afterwards...well...that might be harder :laugh:

Good luck! :drinker:
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ugghhhh...I had a Chemistry final at 8am this morning. It takes me 45 minutes to get to school, plus I have to drop a two year old off at daycare. He was not happy when Mommy woke him up this morning. No time for breakfast, so I grabbed a water and a slimfast bar. I have a pantry full of meal bars/protein bars for just such an occasion. As for the beer ...if you don't want to avoid it, go with a light beer and plan on working out extra that day. As for summer sweets.....fresh blueberries and strawberries, yoplait light very vanilla, and homemade granols with wheat germ is an excellent choice for a snack. When it comes to ice cream...I'd choose frozen yogurt with fresh fruit....not the fruit soaking in syrup. It's tough to make those choices when faced with an oreo blizzard, but you have to be strong! Good luck with the finals:smile:
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    Three words: law school exams! I'm almost done, one tomorrow and my last one Saturday morning. I am having a hard time not eating when I am really stressed. I study about 8 hours a day and yesterday I had a freak out moment and I came to a screeching halt! Then I ate about half a box of frosted mini wheats because I wanted sugar so badly. Then I decided that the best way to get over this moment was to go for a run, and what a difference that made! Today I have been going strong for almost 10 hours, and I am ready to kick my exams *kitten* tomorrow!

Everyone hang in there, its almost over. Snack early, snack often, and KEEP WORKING OUT!!!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    just finished my finals today... and let me tell you, i have eaten WAY too much the past few days up all night studying. now i must get back on track.