De-Lurking to Post my One-Year Success Pics!

Options

Replies

• revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Nice guns. :smile:
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    You truly amaze me!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    absolutely inspiring
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    This is THE most inspiring story I've read all week! I am 5'3" and started this journey when I hit 199 pounds, insisting that I would NOT hit 200 pounds! I am proud to say that I have basically not faltered (I say "basically" because I had a few "planned falter" days, which I am fine with) and I have been very active, usually at the gym, six days a week. I am down 11 pounds in 11 weeks, which is just fine with me, since I am giving myself a full year to lose 52 pounds. I'm 55, so I can't imagine weighing in the 120s; the 140's seem great to me right now!

Thanks for a great story, complete with great photos! You have MUCH to be proud of!

Thanks so much for saying so. While I'm on this journey for me, it really is a boost to hear this sort of positive feedback from people. Like you, I was determined not to get over 200 pounds, and overall, my progress has been very steady. (I didn't do quite as well over Christmas as I would have liked, nor on vacation, but that just means I still have more to learn and will have new challenges and goals for the future.)

Having been overweight for as long as I can remember, I really had no idea what weight would be a happy weight for me. I set an initial goal of 124-125 based on BMI, figuring it would be a good place to start. It sounds like you're trying to be realistic based on a variety of factors; slow and steady definitely wins this race. You may discover when you get down to the 140s that you can go lower, or you may indeed fine that it's the perfect weight for your body. This is definitely a journey of discovery for all of us. :)
  • fordld
    fordld Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and pics! I am relatively new to the site and find it such an inspiration when hard work and loses are shared!
  • LisaHendersan
    Options
    amazing results, you are an inspiration.:D
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    The shots of you in your old clothes are insane. Great job!

Thanks! While I've been taking measurements and photos as I go, actually stepping into those old pants and putting on that blouse and seeing how crazy much room there was now really helped put my journey in perspective for me. The pics are great for those (thankfully not too frequent) negative moments where I'm seeing more flaws than progress.

Congrats on your own awesome loss!
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I hope to look like you one day!!

You just made my day! Heck, you just made my *month*. I know I've lost a lot of weight and changed a lot, but I've been overweight or obese my entire life, so actually seeing in plain English on my computer screen that someone else wants to have a body like mine blows me away.

Best of luck in your journey. Your progress looks great so far, and I'm sure you'll reach all of your goals with hard work and perseverance. ^_^
  • fitphoenix
    Options
    You have just given me an extra boost that I can do this. I am starting my journey at 220 and am 5'5". I have lost 16 lbs so far and know this is a life change that will stay with me forever. (Not a diet that when I am done to gain the weight back...which I've done before).

I can just SEE myself putting both of my legs into my size 20 jeans! Thanks for sharing and congrats! You are truely inspiration!

I'm so glad you can envision that goal! I think that's half the battle, all of us getting there mentally, and then the rest of us will follow. You can do it! ^_^
  • LusineY
    LusineY Posts: 10
    Options
    wow!!! That is awesome!Congrats to you!!! I love the pic of your new "You" in one pant leg. Very inspiring :)
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go and very inspiring!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    holy sh1t!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Woman! That is a killer journey! You've done such a great job!

That is inspirational. :happy:
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great Job!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    PHE-freakin'-nominal.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    amazing and inspiring :)
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    freaking AWESOME!!!! thanks for sharing
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!