I might as well introduce myself!

Options
Hello, I'm Mary, from Kansas City, Missouri. I'm an office manager and a freelance photographer, married with no kiddos, just three cats. I've been on here for a few weeks, lurking a bit in the forums, but now I'm hooked! It's so nice to see so many people working towards the same goal.

I'm not on any particular diet plan, just adjusting what and how I eat, and of course exercise and yoga have been major additions to the way I'm changing. I have PCOS and I'm insulin resistant, so I'm trying to find a balance in what I should and can eat, and I feeling like I'm doing pretty well so far. I've lost 31 lbs since Thanksgiving, and I'm SO excited. My gym is my new favorite place to be. :smile:

Replies

• butterflyjess
    Options
    Great job so far!! Feel free to add me:)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been on a little over 3 weeks now. Please feel free to add me!
  • jame_104
    jame_104 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Most excellent progress! With the gym being your new fav place you are well on your way to your goal. Keep up the good work :happy:
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well hello! Feel free to add me!
  • liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! You will find tons of helpful people and useful information here. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :) Welcome!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    MY diet would fail if I lived in Kansas City......mmmm Boulevard Wheat :drinker:

Been here on MFP a few months and like it. Some good info if you sift through it all and plenty of decent supportive folks.

Feel free to add if you would like more folks to share with.
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the good work. Feel free to add me for support,if you like. :smile:
  • maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. Like you, I am new to MFP as well. =)
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a very helpful place to be spending time, even if you're lurking. :)
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to find peer support for getting fit and making smart health choices among friends.

And from one photographer to another, good luck to you! I always felt a bit hypocritical working with models in prime condition when I was the photographer who looked like a couch potato. Getting in the best shape of your life is a one day at a time proposition. Hope you stick with it.

You can add me or message if you like.
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support! It's nice to meet all of you guys!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Great job thus far. Keep up the good work. Feel free to reach out if you want some support along the way!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Keep up the hard work, your results are impressive. : )
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to find peer support for getting fit and making smart health choices among friends.

And from one photographer to another, good luck to you! I always felt a bit hypocritical working with models in prime condition when I was the photographer who looked like a couch potato. Getting in the best shape of your life is a one day at a time proposition. Hope you stick with it.

You can add me or message if you like.

Oh, man, let me tell you, I feel the same way, and even more so being a woman, I think. Trying to look your best but knowing that your best is a world away from these amazing people? I finally started to love myself despite not being the world's "ideal", and that's one thing that made me want to take care of myself.
  • marywanoKC
    Options
    MY diet would fail if I lived in Kansas City......mmmm Boulevard Wheat :drinker:

Been here on MFP a few months and like it. Some good info if you sift through it all and plenty of decent supportive folks.

Feel free to add if you would like more folks to share with.
    *laugh* Yeah, it's the barbeque for me, personally. I love me some Jack Stack. I splurge once every few weeks, and my husband and I pick one of the places we used to eat at more frequently BF (Before Fitness), and that was our first place. *chuckle*
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options

*laugh* Yeah, it's the barbeque for me, personally. I love me some Jack Stack. I splurge once every few weeks, and my husband and I pick one of the places we used to eat at more frequently BF (Before Fitness), and that was our first place. *chuckle*

Jack Stacks is great. But I prefer Oaklahoma Joes. We just don't get BBQ like that here in England.