What kind of Exercise routine do most people use?

Options
2»

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    On Wednesdays and Fridays, I go to the gym to work out. But the rest of the days I work out at home. I've started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and have been running after that or pairing it with Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fastfix.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Since its Lent and I promised to go to the gym 6 days a week, this is a typical week set up:

Mon: Couch 2 5K plus 15 mins of bike/arch trainer
    Tues: 60 minute zumba class or 45 mins arch trainer plus 15 mins strength training
    Weds: Couch 2 5K plus 15 mins of bike/arch trainer OR going for a 45 min walk with my husband
    Thursday: off
    Friday: Couch 2 5k plus 20-25 mins of strength training plus 15 mins walking at an incline
    Saturday: Walking at an incline 45 mins plus 15 mins bike/arch trainer OR 45 minutes walk with my husband
    Sunday: Couch 25K
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I work out at a gym.

The best choice for you is whatever you can stick to and gives you results.
  • fiash
    fiash Posts: 3
    Options
    I work out at home also. I have a bike that I ride when it's nice out, and a stationary exercise bike for when I'm feeling lazy or the weather is bad. I also like to turn on Pandora and dance my heart out. (:

We have a lot of DVDs too. I've been doing 30 day shred which is super easy to do at home.

sorry to be thick but what is shred?
    x
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I PREFER working out at home. There are like 5 gyms very close by to me haha
    I dont like being in the public eye like that, it makes it hard for me to focus. I've made several attempts at wieght loss and this is the first time that I REALLY feel successful. I've never SEEN muscles on my body. I do everything at home. I got a small set of adjustable iron clad weights and a small elliptical ($100) and I'm set!
    Regardless of where you work out as long as your heart is in it... you will succeed. I've also started the 30 day shred by jillian michaels, a 20/min a day video very intense and effective.
    Good luck to you! :)
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to work out at a gym and now with work and kids I do it all from home. I you can push yourself to do it at home and put a little $ into equipement it is awesome...plus it saves time driving to the gym!! If you have Netflix there are some good vidoes on there for aerobics and such! Not too hard. Good luck!!