Nutrition Info

Has anyone looked at this website? http://nutritiondata.self.com
It's a REALLY good source of nutritional information, it has just about everything, from something as general as an apple to a particular brand of something.
It's helping me fill in the blanks of the nutrition on this site, there's nothing more annoying than when i look at the info and whoever filled it in has only put the calories in, so I can go and search for the food and find out protein content, iron, vitamin C, cholesterol etc.
Anyway I just thought I would share it with everyone, to keep a better track of what they're putting into their bodies :)

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Looks like it was very recently bought by Self. I had been on there when it was nutritiondata.com. Tons of great info.

I use it a lot to cross-check foods from the MFP database when I'm creating recipes. I'm fairly certain that MFP shares the database that nutritiondata uses
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I love that site. It's what I used to enter all of my fruit and veggie info into My Foods. I could put everything is as a 100g serving, with every single nutrient, including potassium. And that way I can always weigh my portions and get as close as possible to accurate as you can with fruit and veggie info.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    I believe that is where MFP gets their data from. Most of the names, portions sizes and data is the same.

When you search a food in the MFP database, there is an * next to the ones that are user entered. The ones without are entered by MFP and come from that site.

I liked it better before Self was plastered all over it. :(