anyone getting in shape to join the military like me

Options
hey how is everyone doing?
my name is martin and would like to make some new friends that have similar goals like me
which is loosing weight of course and if your doing it to get in the military
i lost 48 lbs since august
add me

Replies

• WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    hey martin,

my name is brittney and i'm signing active duty for the Navy. I don't particulary need to lose weight, but i def. need to tone/build muscle. add me if you want, i sign next week and will probably go to boot camp in the great lakes in 3-6 months!
  • Nymeria24
    Options
    Hey! I had to lose weight to get into the Navy. I lost 45 lbs. and I just enlisted last month.
  • BrandonWagner
    BrandonWagner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Martin,
    I'm currently in the Army and i'm using this to help get back into shape after returning from Afghanistan 2 weeks ago.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to serving our great country! :flowerforyou:
    I want to become an animal cop and vet tech and a National Disaster Animal Rescuer, so I need to be able to run!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Me :) I'm applying to OCS this fall!!! My hubby is currently deployed :(
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I want to become an animal cop and vet tech and a National Disaster Animal Rescuer, so I need to be able to run!

THIS is freaking awesome. How do you achieve this? I want to know!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm just trying to stay in throughout the rest of this enlistment.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight to become a cop, I was originally going to join the army but my focus has changed. Anyone feel free to add me for support!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey guys just want to say your all doing an amazing job to get fit for the armed forces I wish you all the luck in the world!! xx
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you all for serving your country. I have a friend also working out in prep for the Marines and his workouts wipe me out. Good luck and keep it up.
  • stargreen25
    Options
    That is so awsome! I did that but it was over 10 years ago...I had to lose 30lbs before I could get in. It was the best thing I ever did! I loved it and am so glad to have that experiance! Good luck!
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My dream is to join the Navy as a nurse!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Good luck and thank you all for your service! It's good to see young people volunteering!

I am former infantry (1983-87) and I want to try and get back to at least an approximation of my old self. Plus if I want to instruct tactical weapons handling people tend to listen more if you are fit and of appropriate weight. Kind of hard to have customers take you seriously if you cant run the line or get into firing positions as the instructor! LOL

Good luck to you OP and everyone else here!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Martin,

I am already in the USN, but am using this to get back in shape after surgery. Good luck on the weight loss and congrads so far on the progress!
  • Glovesave3373
    Glovesave3373 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Former Army here... trying to get back into shape after being out nearly 10 years. I loved the Army and if any of you thinking of joining want to ask me any questions with honest answers fire away... I was a recruiter for 2 years and I understand what may be told to you and what you may think is being told to you and I would like to make sure you are joining for the right reasons and not because you think this or that "MAY" happen and then you're unhappy afterwards. I have put in 2 of my own family members and walked another thru the OCS process just last year. Ultimately 2 had a great time but did their 4 and got out, and 1 didn't make it through boot camp but it is ok...

I thank you all who gave of your service like myself and those who want to give. This country is great and free becuase of the less than 1% of our population who has, is or will be serving in our military. ENGINEERS LEAD THE WAY!!!!

I was also a company PT Instructor so if you have any questions as to doing military PT and getting prepared I'm here for you.

62nd Engineer Combat Heavy and 94th Engineer Combat (Heavy)..... Bosina, Croatia, Macedonia, Slovenia and KOSOVO.
    I built base camps in those regions and to see what I have done go to http://www.cobases.com/overseas/kosovo/camp-bondsteel/
  • todoparami
    todoparami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Martin Congratulations on the weight lose and on your decision to join! I did nine years in the AF and it was awesome!!! I bet you will love the military life! I did! All I can tell you is run, run, run, practice pushups and sit ups!! That's all you need to do! The more you do it the better off you will be.:smile:
  • todoparami
    todoparami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Brandon from your trip! Stay focused and work out! It does wonders for the mind and soul!!
    I don't want to see you in the news for going crazy!! So stay sane! Trust in GOD who makes all things possible.

---Just saying.....:noway:
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service
    Army Infantry here, now a Drill Sergeant in the reserves. If yOu have questions ask I'll help where I can
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support. I had to drop about 20 lbs for the Marine Corps, and my recruiter had me running 4 miles everyday for about 3 months. But thankfully, if it hadn't been for me needing to lose that weight and running so much....I would never have made it through boot camp. Preparing yourself physically BEFORE you get to boot camp will be a great advantage. You don't wanna be that guy that falls out of formation runs or can't make it through a PT session.
  • shrinkingsuccess
    Options
    hey Martin, good for you bud. I hope you are doing lots of running and push ups, cause they are gonna run your *kitten* off at bootcamp.
    you will be in the best shape of your life!!!... Good Luck to you!!!