Need on-the-go meal ideas

Options
I work two jobs: one full-time desk job and one retail part-time.. my biggest problems is nights I work both jobs, i don't have time to come home and eat first and any meal I have needs to be able to be eaten in the car or in less than 10 min on my break around 8:30pm, which I feel is a little late to be eating. I usually have brkfst around 7-7:30am.. eat lunch anywhere between Noon - 2pm.. and "dinner" at 5:30-6pm..and it's either a sandwich that doesn't really make me feel full or it's fast food (which also tends to be less than satisfying), both being eaten in my car on the way to my night job. If i don't eat on my way, then i'm slamming a soda, chips, candy and other crap at 8:30pm on my break or eating a lunchable at 11:00 pm on my way home.

I'm hoping to find some good suggestions on a on-the-go meal and/or snack that will help make me feel full and satisfied until breakfast.. a lot to ask I know.

Replies

• jmjatlanta
    Options
    Do you have a break room with a microwave / toaster oven? That opens up some more options.

Some of my favorites:
    Tuna & Noodle Casserole
    Crock-Pot Chicken & Salsa

Both of these meals can be made ahead of time, made healthy, store well, heated quickly, and are filling.

While not as healthy (in my opinion), I also keep Whey protein powder at my desk and milk in the work refrigerator. 16oz of 2% milk and flavored Whey powder holds me over okay, is packed with protein, can be drank while driving, and is extremely quick to make (shaker cup).
  • ruskmusic
    ruskmusic Posts: 20
    Options
    I always keep a plastic baggy of cheerios with me just in case I get a bad erg for something bad lol

Also a bottle of water and protein shake does me good on the go, but....

The best when I need energy is an orange or an apple :)
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If there is a microwave at your work, you should try the Campbells soup at hand. Tasty, low cal, and quick! Plus, the soup combined with a granola bar and fruit actually fills me up! :)