Water Hater here needs info...

Options
:sad: Does anybody know if drinking vitaminwater counts towards your water consumption? If not :sad: any suggestions to someone who gags when she drinks water!! :sick:

Need help please!! :drinker:
~Katy

Replies

• Meatmanswife
    Options
    :sad: Does anybody know if drinking vitaminwater counts towards your water consumption? If not :sad: any suggestions to someone who gags when she drinks water!! :sick:

Need help please!! :drinker:
    ~Katy
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I think it does. Try flavored water.

I don't love water but I don't hate it. Sometimes I have to make myself drink atleast 8 cups.
    Your body really needs it especially now that you are exercising.

~Jo :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Although I can never understand the hate of the basic living need......water, I will chime in. Apples have water.....so basically yes your vitamin water will work. Try crystal light.....with ice, you will get your water that way too. I love water. There are 2 have to haves in my house........milk and water.

I hope that helped. Also watch out for drinking alot of vitamin water....cause you don't wanna OD on vitamins which can happen.....cause you to feel ill. So maybe a couple a day and then crystal light....OH OH how about Ice tea with sugar substitute....perfect time for ice tea.

:drinker:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it have calories in it? I've never had it but try crystal light packets or tea! Good luck

~Leash :heart:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Try lemon, lime or orange slices in it, kinda a pretty treat:happy:
  • Meatmanswife
    Options
    Doesn't it have calories in it? I've never had it but try crystal light packets or tea! Good luck

~Leash :heart:

Some vitaminwaters only have 10 calories, some have more. Trying to stay away from tea because of the caffeine (I LOVE GREEN TEA!) and the crystal light has some artifical sweetner I don't like but thanks for the suggestions!

~Katy
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Options
    You know, Wal-Mart sells a water that is carbonated and calorie free. I don't know what it's called but the Black Cherry is pretty good and it doesn't really taste like water. It costs about 80 cents for a big bottle and they also sell it in a 4 pack. There are about 5 different flavors. Hope you can find it and that you like it!
    Good luck!!
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I use Wyler's Singles to Go to help me get the water I need. It's like crystal light but a lot cheaper and sugar free.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You know, Wal-Mart sells a water that is carbonated and calorie free. I don't know what it's called but the Black Cherry is pretty good and it doesn't really taste like water. It costs about 80 cents for a big bottle and they also sell it in a 4 pack. There are about 5 different flavors. Hope you can find it and that you like it!
    Good luck!!
    My cousin told me about those drinks and she loves them.
  • suzannah4
    suzannah4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't like water either, but it is amazing haw drinking a couple of glasses before a meal will curb my otherwise raging hunger and desire to overeat. I have found that, for me, drinking the water at room temperature or even a little warmer makes me able to drink a lot of it.
  • MFR1974
    MFR1974 Posts: 92
    Options
    I like a capfull of lemon juice and a capfull of lime juice in 16 oz of water with ice. No extra calories and it tastes good too! Drinking enough water has helped my weight be more consistant...and not feel hungry between meals. Drink your water, one way or another!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Being a water hater, I understand. I struggle actually to drink enough of any liquids during the day, but am trying to do better. My latest invention: Now that it's spring, my mint plant in the yard is doing its prolific thing. So, I have started cutting a handful of fresh mint, and putting it in a jar with hot (not boiling) water. Then after it cools down, I stick it in the fridge. Next morning, I have what I am calling "mint water" to drink. It's better than water to me, cheaper than crystal light and all natural. I realize if you don't have a source for mint it would be harder to try. Good luck! Mary
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Being a water hater, I understand. I struggle actually to drink enough of any liquids during the day, but am trying to do better. My latest invention: Now that it's spring, my mint plant in the yard is doing its prolific thing. So, I have started cutting a handful of fresh mint, and putting it in a jar with hot (not boiling) water. Then after it cools down, I stick it in the fridge. Next morning, I have what I am calling "mint water" to drink. It's better than water to me, cheaper than crystal light and all natural. I realize if you don't have a source for mint it would be harder to try. Good luck! Mary

:love: mmmmmmm............mint water sounds so good!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a fan of the water either. I used to be a stout diet coke drinker......but I've finally let go of my bad habit and now I'm addicted to Iced Green Tea! :laugh:

The only time I'll drink water is in the middle of the night or right after the gym.

Drinking the homemade iced green tea works wonders for me tho...
  • Meatmanswife
    Options

Now all I have to do is ask my mom (who lives next door) to grow me a mint plant! I have a brown thumb! Best Suggestion Yet!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Roxy34
    Roxy34 Posts: 146
    Options
    Thats weird. I thought it was just me. Water makes me gag too, lol. It does sound kinda silly considering we NEED it to survive. Maybe its because we spoil ourselves with the goodness of beverages that actually have flavour? I've had water make me thirstier. Now THATS weird!!!! I bought those Crystal Light singles to give my water some life! :smile:
  • BERSKI
    BERSKI Posts: 5
    Options
    hi, if i get sick of water i will drink crystal lite or sun tea with splenda suger or you can have water with a lemon in it to give it a different taste...hope this helps :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Be careful, a lot of vitamin waters are worse for you than a can of soda. It was in the men's health list of worst beverages to drink. Try herbal tea, or try mixing in some lemon/lime juice with ice water. I'd steer clear of stuff like vitamin water.

If you have the cash, San Pellegrino is awesome :love:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I don't like the chemicals in "diet" drinks and I don't like sugar either. I will have lemon in my water ( hot or cold) or herbal teas. Tazo makes an amazing Wild Sweet Orange tea that has a ton of flavour. Peppermint or ginger tea also taste great
  • Meatmanswife
    Options
    Here is my weird thinking. :blushing: I thought if it had something in it like tea you aren't getting your water intake? I can understand the flavoring water with things like mint and or lemon/lime juice and it still being water (because you're not adding calories or anything artificial). But, I thought once you added tea its tea so its no longer water? I love green tea but try to only drink one glass a day because of the calories and the caffeine. I am just trying to find interesting ways to make me want to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I will try the lemon/lime juice and see if that helps. I would love to see that article about vitaminwater being bad for you.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Keep them comming because I am serious its like drinking cod liver oil for me to drink 8 glasses a water a day. I actual measure it out so I don't go over even an once because I hate it soooooooooooo much! :sick:

~Katy