should you love it or just do it?

Options
2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Given a choice between going for a run or doing a session with the weights I would almost always pick going for a run but I know I need to do strength training too. It may feel like a chore when you start out but I always feel better after the workout.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    For me, it's just about getting on with it, for the most part. I've always hated exercise. I've been doing this for a year and a half, and pretty much every day my exercise has been forced. However, until recently I'd tried loads apart from running and cycling, because I didn't want to be seen in public. I started both fairly recently, and they're bearable. I think I'll like them when my fitness improves. For now, I can only manage about 200 yards before I have to slow to a walk, and I can't go uphill on my bike.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite, I hate cardio and I love strength training. I find cardio so mindless and boring, but I am changing it up when I do strength training. I do both anyway because they are both good for your body in different ways.

This is how I feel, as well. But I hate (and so never do) sit-ups and push-ups. I like to lift weights and use weight machines, bosu balls, resistance bands, etc. That is fun for me. I love strength training because I love seeing quick results and being strong, but I avoid exercises I loathe unless they've absolutely proven to work (like planks...ugh). My personal favourites are the leg sled/press, lunges (onto the bosu ball, with dumbells!), tricep pull-downs, lat pull-down, squats... for the first few times you may have to just trudge through, but I bet it grows on you. Switch it up, I bet you can find something you like!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I love to run, I have to *force* myself to lift weights every time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i dont really like exercise at all... but i LOVE food and i LOVE my body at this weight compared to before i lost any weight, so i see it as a neccessary evil!!