Half Way to Goal Weight

Options
Hello,

I'm new to the boards. I have been using my fitnesspal for about a year and a half now, and until recently I have actually managed to stick with it.

I have been trying to lose weight for the past few years. I'm 5'2" and at my heaviest I was 156.6 lbs. I decided that I was sick of feeling the way that being overweight felt and I got moving. I have lost almost 20 lbs (19.6)since December 31, 2011. I'm just over the halfway mark and I have 18.3 lbs to go.

I also had to buy some jeans that are 2 sizes smaller, which was awesome. I See the results, but I don't really see them. I don't know if that makes sense. I think I need people to tell me that I look smaller or something because I feel like I look the same as my heaviest self some days.

I'm kind of trailing off, but I thought I would share my mini story. To all those that are starting out, it's hard, but not that hard if you stick to it and remind yourself that you are worth every bit of hard work you put in.

Replies

• esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you're saying. I've lost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year, but I don't see it. On good days I feel it... but yeah. We just need to stay committed, and focus on the end goal.
    You're doing great!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    heck yes for the halfway mark! great story and I hope you continue to do well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!