Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone else NOT on a diet?

2»

Replies

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Yep!!!! I started this is a lifestyle and not as a diet. It needed to fit in with my day to day routine and the odd night out with friends, weddings, parties etc. It's taught me what I should have been doing all these years!
    I'm now maintaining (have been for 5-6 months), still on the programme but never on a diet. I eat chocolate every day! ; )
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Diet? No ... just lots of changes and lots of sacrifices. Really, finally getting honest with myself.

Sure, I want to lose weight and I am just a hair off from my goal but it's been just as rewarding getting HEALTHY! Doing things and wanting to do things I couldn't before. Even just exercise and being able to get outdoors and just do stuff...

Before I was pretty much too out of shape, too tired and usually just too lazy to even try to do stuff OR exercise.
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Awesome! So glad to read what I'm reading!

As per counting calories, I'm not anymore. I was when I started back in August, and it was good, lost 30 lbs but had to stop for a few months because I started to become obsessed with it and would feel horrible if I ate over 1,200. I had problems with bulimia as a teenager and the first time I thought "maybe I should throw this up" after I knew I had over eaten for my diet, I quit. So now, a few months later, I'm back but refuse to count calories and suffice to say, it's working! I have a great idea of how much I can eat and what I can eat to lose weight now. It's not coming off as quickly but that's ok. I'm happier not counting calories and not being on a diet!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    I fill out my macros ( protein, fats and carbs ) If I still have calories left after that I eat whatever I want ( but stay within my calorie goal). I generally try to leave enough so I can have my ice cream before bed.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Diet refers to the macronutrients you eat in relation to your food consumption.

You either have a good diet or a bad diet, TV and trendy fitness magazines perpetuate this myth and even more people ask “are you on diet?” because you eat sensibly and exercise.

My diet is good.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Yup! When people ask me "How'd you lose all that weight?" or "What are you doing?" I just saying making healthier choices and watching my portion sizes. I still eat everything I love... which evolve mostly around carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, etc.) however I just don't have as much! I still snack on a 'snack size' chocolate almost daily to get my sugar fix, but on top of that I exercise the way that I used to during school and university. This isn't necessarily a huge lifestyle change, I've always been 'active' and into food & health, however, I just want to get back to that point again of feeling 'fit'. University and full time work really bring on stress eating and consume a lot of any spare time! WE CAN DO IT! :happy:
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    No because Im not trying to lose weight l. Im just eating healthier and trying to get fit, this site has inspired me to keep going.
  • rahmyers
    rahmyers Posts: 75 Member
    Same here i'm just finding healthier ways to eat. I Love the way I eat and couldn't stand to quit! Its a life style. I want to make sure I'm healthy for the rest of my life. I eat anything I want in moderation, stay under my calories and exercize vigarously several days a week. Thats what I tell people when they ask how i'm loosing the weight.