I just joined have a long way to Go any support would be gre

Options
2»

Replies

• LarryLaird
    LarryLaird Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My name is Sandra and I totally understand what you are going thru. I am 37 years old 5'3 and weigh 254. I started my journey about a month ago and weighed 270 and have lost 16 lbs. I also have a long way to go but like you do not want to be overweight any longer. I do have 2 children but my youngest is five years old and I should have never let my weight get of control. I would like to weigh 150 lbs and know I will be there in a year or so. I think as long as we keep trying and stay focused we will succeed. Good luck and hopefully we reach our goals.
  • celindaasmith
    celindaasmith Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'd love to take this journey with you. I am one week in and could use some pals too! Everyone on MFP is so kind and suportive! :smile:
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jill from the San Francisco area, I've been low carb'n it for about 2 months now, and have lost 23 lbs so far. I'm about to turn 30 next week and decided this is the year I take my life back. I gained 130lbs when pregnant with my daughter from coming off a starvation/drug diet :-/ i attempted to lose it a few years ago and had gotten 40lbs off only to end up rupturing my ACL an being laid out on crutches for 10 months waiting for surgery. Lack of mobility, depression and just life (lol) got in the way of that 40 pound loss and i ended up gaining it all back. I'm tired of feeling like crap and ready to do what I need to do. My goal for the next 14 weeks is to lose 3.5- 4 lbs a week, I'm really kicking it into high gear before I go on vacation with my family.. I could use all the support anyone's willing to give :)