Hit my ultimate goal - single digits (with pics)

Options
A_New_Horizon
A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
Hello my MFP family - I just had to share my BIG SUCCESS. My ultimate goal wasn't about the number on the scale or my measurements - it has always been about the size clothes I was in. I have NEVER been a single digit in my adult life (this is the smallest I have ever been since I was like 12ish). It is a HUGE accomplishment for me. Anyway, today, I was doing some spring shopping and I grabbed a pair of size 8 skorts and a size 7 capri. The size 8 fit perfectly, and the size 7 is almost there (I can button them just wouldn't wear them in public yet) - it is my new goal. I have also never been able to wear juniors until now.

Just to give you some idea: I have gone from a size 18 to a size 8 and a size 1X to a small/med - this journey is very, very doable - I am living proof of it. Remember, that it takes time - slow and steady wins the race. It doesn't happen over night!! I started this journey Sept 2010 and it is now March 2012. I have hit 2 major goal weights for myself (140 and 135). Due to recent meds, my weight is up slightly but coming back down. NEVER give up on yourself and remember you ARE WORTH it!! Please listen to someone who has come from an abusive marriage, and I have gotten out before it got worse. I won't go into details, but it took me losing 40 lbs before I finally said enough and enough. To realize that I WAS worth so much more than what my soon to be ex was putting me through. I am here if you need an ear or a shoulder because I do know the pain. I wasn't physcially abused, but the words and emotions my ex put me through was just as harsh if not worse. I am permanently scared, and to this day, I am STILL working on my self-esteem that he took from me.

Anyway, I know everyone likes to see pics so here they are:
July 2010 - around 194 lbs, size 18 and 1X
qzejyu.png

March 2012 - 138 lbs, size 8 and small/med (large in juniors)
2h7jjfq.jpg

I also have 2 beautiful babies, and even after putting up the abuse and have 2 babies - I still have lost almost 60 lbs. If I can, you CAN!!!

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats on your journey!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you are really an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
  • sexystuffedchicken
    sexystuffedchicken Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you look great hun!! keep up the good work!!! you have inspire me!!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    OMG, you look amazing lady! So proud for you and all that you do! Keep inspiring us as you do daily. Congratulations!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You love AMAZING! Such an inspiration :)
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Im a size 18 and a 1x in shirts, lol. I hope that one day i can be an 8 or even better a 7! Add me.
  • sidra1446
    sidra1446 Posts: 32
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on your success.
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats on your weight loss.
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Wow congrats :D
    You look absolutely amazing :) Must be a good feeling to finally have reached your goal
    Good job!
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Thanks for sharing..congrats!!
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Way to go. I'm in the same boat as far as getting into the single digits. I'm a 10-12 now and so looking forward to that 1st size 8 bottoms! I might have to frame them. :laugh:
  • WAWINEGIRL
    WAWINEGIRL Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. You must feel fabulous!
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats :smile:
  • Kristen34w
    Options
    Wow. What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing. You look great!
  • slimmom2b
    slimmom2b Posts: 54
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing, you look awesome!
  • RedBull0512
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Fantastic work! Feels so good, doesn't it?! :)
  • AmyJo54915
    AmyJo54915 Posts: 103
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Very inspirational and motivating. Started similar weight and am like you...I would LOVE to see single digit pants. Can't wait. But congrats to you. You are looking amazing!
  • Skinnyredhead
    Options
    There just is something awesome about the single digits!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!