Tracking Body Pump Class in Exercise

Options
Raynn1
Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
Im new to MFP and I am trying to input my information and I can't find anything for Body Pump Classes and what I would enter that in for exercise. I have no idea how many reps or set we do or what the break down is involved, but each muscle is targeted for maybe 4-5 mins each.. The class is approx 50 mins in total.

Any suggestions on how I can input this in my exercise?
Thx

Replies

• HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Use circuit training and then put in how many minutes the class is. That's what someone told me to do for 30 Day Shred and videos like that.
  • LaylaSparkles
    Options
    Perfefct, Thanks I was just going to ask what I should do as well!!
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    Use circuit training and then put in how many minutes the class is. That's what someone told me to do for 30 Day Shred and videos like that.
  • mommyoftwobg
    Options
    Strength or cardio?? I needed the same info! thanks for posting!:wink:
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bodypump is strength though (or it is in my gym anyway), so logging it as circuit would probably just be super inaccurate in estimating how many calories you burned (although you could of course manually adjust that). I usually just log mine as strength training, and generally lower the calories burned.
  • HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oops - forgot to include that. I use it under circuit training under cardio, since it's high rep, lower weight. There was a dicussion on videos like 30 Day Shred & Jari Love awhile back & that's what was suggested. I always make a note on the bottom that says whatever video I did that day.

MFP does tend to overestimate the calorie burn sometimes, so I either use my HRM or just decrease the calories by 100 automatically. I don't re-eat my calories from exercise though, so it's ok if it's a little off.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bodypump is strength though

See:
    I use it under circuit training under cardio, since it's high rep, lower weight.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Circuit training. /thread
  • Raynn1
    Options
    Ok, this seems really high... I did what you said and put Circuit training from the cardio list, and put in the class time which is 55 mins and it tells me I burn 750+ calories! Thats about what I ear in a 50 min step class!
    Can the class really be that much??? I know I sweat a lot during it, but wow, that seems like a lot of burn!!