Support When You Think it's Unhealthy....

Options
2»

Replies

• ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's a dilemma, knowing whent your comment is "supportive" and when it becomes "hypocritical". I do not like to say "good job" or other encouraging things when one of my friends has questionable eating habits. I do try to pick out something positive to comment on, like say, "wow, great choice on that chef's salad!" Or somehow emphasize the healthy choices they are making.

I agree with the other comment that asking her about her maintenance choices when she stops the shakes is a good way to open the conversation.

On the other hand, the nice thing about MFP is everyone feels safe choosing the weight loss method they prefer... It is sort of a catch 22, even though we may observe potentially unhealthy habits.

I do not agree with the poster who thinks you're jealous! Hope that was in jest.... ?

This was a great reply. I like your suggestion to pick out things I feel like I CAN support like certain food choices. I also feel like I can applaud her for exercise too... and I'll give it time to see if she ups her cals before I say anything else. And no matter what if I do say something I will do my best to make sure I don't sound critical. This is someone I see on a regular basis and I wouldn't want to offend her.