Exercising when in pain

Options
I am currently in recovery from Cushing's Syndrome. The disease itself was horribly painful and the recovery is just about as bad. I feel like I have severe arthritis daily. The steroids I am on make me tired and achy...tons better feeling than with the disease, but still hard to function some days. I go to cardiac rehab and exercise there twice a week (the Cushing's gave me heart failure too as well as 70 extra lbs). I have lost 15 lbs since Nov. 23, 2011. I have an elliptical machine at home that I use occassionally. I just need more motivation to fight through the pain and do it. Anyone have any encouragement out there? I feel so alone in all of this.

Kelly

Replies

• Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I don't have Cushing's Syndrome and my heart goes out to you for it. I do have a pinched nerve in my hip that shoots pain down my right leg all the way to my foot. It hurts to sit, stand, walk, etc. Exercise is painful but without the exercise it actually hurts worse. I do understand that the pain is exhausting and wears you down but the endorphins from the exercise can help counter that, at least it works for me.